Calling ATI Sapphire 9550SE owners (1 Viewer)

Czar63

Portal Member
April 23, 2004
Padova, Italy
I ordered a Sapphire ATI9600SE with DVI, but my online shop sent me the VGA-S.video only version.
As I requested RMA they're proposing to change it with a 9550 or a 9550SE.
Beside the online shop behaviour, how is the 9550 with MP use?

I choose the 9600se because it is fanless, are the 9550 and 9550se with or without fan? The infos I found on the web are very confusing.
Anybody tested it with WMVHD (the microsoft site clips for example)? That would be important, since I'm going to move to Hdef. as soon as possible.

Wouls you push for the 9600SE replacement, or would you accept the 9550SE?
Are there any odds I don't get (I.E different sw or speed)?

Thanks

jdiffend

Portal Pro
January 9, 2005
Czar63 said:
I ordered a Sapphire ATI9600SE with DVI, but my online shop sent me the VGA-S.video only version.
As I requested RMA they're proposing to change it with a 9550 or a 9550SE.
Beside the online shop behaviour, how is the 9550 with MP use?

Don't accept the substitution and don't deal with anyone that would do that without asking in advance.

I choose the 9600se because it is fanless, are the 9550 and 9550se with or without fan? The infos I found on the web are very confusing.
Anybody tested it with WMVHD (the microsoft site clips for example)? That would be important, since I'm going to move to Hdef. as soon as possible.

Wouls you push for the 9600SE replacement, or would you accept the 9550SE?
Are there any odds I don't get (I.E different sw or speed)?

Thanks

Many 9550se's are fanless but they are slower than the 9600se.

If the seller doesn't issue a refund right away don't wait to call your credit card company to dispute the charge. Odds are if they will send you something you didn't order the retailer will try to hold your funds as long as they can.

I've had similar experiences with online retailers. Saying a part was in stock then trying to substitute. I was lucky enough to find out before I received the package and canceled the order before I received it.
I pretty much deal with Newegg.com for most items now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom