Camcorder as video source for Live TV (1 Viewer)

Sometool

May 2, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am attempting to use a Canon HF200 camcorder via HDMI connection to a Hauppauge Colossus as a video source for live TV within MediaPortal 1.3 but I am uncertain how to properly configure the TV Server application to use it.

Under TV Servers in the configuration utility my server shows up properly as does the Colossus card but I don't know what settings to choose under the various configuration tabs for the Colossus. Are there any specific settings I should be aware of to get MediaPortal to recognize the video signal from the camcorder as a live TV stream? I have installed ArcSoft Showbiz from the Hauppauge disc and verified that the feed from the camera is working within Showbiz.

The reason I am trying to run the camcorder as a live TV stream is so that I can do timeshifting on a live recording. This setup will be used as a video replay system for athletics training and I need it to playback the 1080i feed from the camera on a 15 second delay. I've tried using the WinTV7 application available from Hauppauge but it is terribly unstable and only works for 10 minutes or so at a time, this system will need to run for 3 hours or more continuously.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello and welcome! :)

1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Go to the "scanning" section for the Colossus crossbar "tuner". Should look like this:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...ver_Configuration/02_TV_Servers/5_Scan_Analog
    3. Click "Add S-Video channels".
    4. Go to "TV Channels" section.
    5. Channel "HDMI#1 on X" (where X is the card number for the Colossus - probably 1, 2 or 3) is the channel that you can timeshift/record.

mm

Sometool

May 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Thank you for the information. I added the S-Video Channels and verified they are mapped to the Colossus card under TV channels. When I go into the MediaPortal client software>Live TV and attempt to use HDMI#1 on Colossus it can't find a signal. Is there some other configuration step I am missing?

Sometool

May 2, 2013
    Home Country
    I'm running Windows 7 so I assumed it would have the codecs necessary for h.264 playback but I see there are three choices under codecs for TV>h.264:

ATI MPEG Video Decoder
    LAV Video Decoder
    Microsoft DTV-DVD Video Decoder

Under TV>MPEG 2 it has the three listed above plus ATI MPEG Multiplexer, I'm not sure whether the Colossus outputs MPEG2 or h.264.

In both cases it defaulted to to LAV so I tried the other settings and still get the No Data Available message.

I uploaded my logs following the proceedure in the link from the post above.[DOUBLEPOST=1367578456][/DOUBLEPOST]The log attached to my previous post is from running the watchdog. I'm attaching the files from the Export All Currently Present Logs option to this post.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again

The Colossus outputs h.264/AVC.
    Select either LAV or the MS DTV-DVD video decoder.

The TV Server side appears to be working fine. :)
    However, on the client side:

Display Tab 1: No problems found.
    Sound Tab 1: No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer.
    Input Tab: No problems found.

Do you not have a sound card of some kind?
    ...or maybe you have not installed drivers for it?
    You will need to do that if you want MP to work.

mm

Sometool

May 2, 2013
    Home Country
    Hmm, the motherboard has onboard sound but I don't recall if I installed the drivers for it, I'll check that when I get home. I wasn't aware it required sound to operate. Thank you again for the help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom