Can I force TVSeries to match to a specific TV show? (1 Viewer)

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    There is a new TV mini-series that is out called 11.22.63 on Hulu. thetvdb.com has a listing for it, but when the scraper goes through the title, it removed the dots. It then does not seem to be able to match to the show on thetvdb.com. Can I put in a line into the scraper that will help get this show filed correctly?

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    This is a shot in the dark. But I think you can name you're serie "112263" and it should work. Otherwise you try search in the Configuration with "11/22/63" to get a match.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    Thanks, but windows does not like files with "/" in them. Also the scraper doesn't even pick up that it is a show. I would like to put something in the scraper settings that gets to this file before the . are removed but I am not sure how to code it.

nzdreamer55

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2010
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    Home Country
    So I put in what I though would work, but as you can see in the initial parsing, the file is there and the dots are missing, Did I put in the regex filter correct?

Also when I remove the String Replacement filter . replaced with <space> it parses correctly, however if I start the importer, it does not detect it as a TV series show. It never finds it.

Weird.

Attachments

• Initial parsing.JPG
      Initial parsing.JPG
      243.3 KB
    • Regex filter.JPG
      Regex filter.JPG
      168.8 KB
    Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    It is because dots are replaced with spaces by default, because most filenames are in the "show.example.s01e01.some.title.whatever.ext" format.

TheTVdB admins should add an alias of "11 22 63" for that show as title, so that it will never be an issue.

However inside MP-TVSeries GUI it should have asked you "no match found", and then you can re-enter a search. It is at that point that "11.22.63" is accepted "as-is", and a match will be found. This is a one-time deal if everything works out, and next episodes will then work as well. If you used the option of "skip, never ask me again", then it will be a lot more difficult to do, but check MP-TVSeries config then for the entries.

API search = http://www.thetvdb.com/api/GetSeries.php?seriesname=11.22.63

As you can see only "11.22.63" or "11/22/63" are accepted, which are impossible to do with filename characters. So ask TheTVdB admins to add "11 22 63" alias, or at the very least "11-22-63", because '-' is a valid filename char.

Last edited:

barneh

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 4, 2010
    Malmö
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You should go one more step in the configuration and when you dont get a match on the series, at a manual search for it. With the "/", "." or without the spaces. Then Tv-Series should match it to the right series.

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Also when I remove the String Replacement filter . replaced with <space> it parses correctly, however if I start the importer, it does not detect it as a TV series show. It never finds it.
    regexp replace 11.22.63 -> 112263 And everything will work just checked at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom