Can I replace Windows 7 Media Center (1 Viewer)

ipguy

Portal Pro
May 10, 2011
Home Country
Hi All

Just wondering if I can totally replace my Windows 7 Media Center with Media Portal.

Media Portal would need:
  • EPG Support for AU EPG data
  • The ability to record a show when selecting it from the EPG
  • Free to Air Support
  • The ability to use my Windows Media Center Remote
  • PVR functionally
Thanks in advance

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Would also suggest looking at 1.3 BETA (which we're all waiting for with increasing anticipation:) and the Titan skin, but try 1.2.3 now and be happy:)

Cheers - JCMP

ipguy

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2011
    Home Country
    Would also suggest looking at 1.3 BETA (which we're all waiting for with increasing anticipation:) and the Titan skin, but try 1.2.3 now and be happy:)

Cheers - JCMP

sure will do.
    My main objective is to get everything installed and then find a theme or skin that is as easy to understand as WIndows 7 media center so my wife and son don't need to go through a huge learning curve.

ipguy

Portal Pro
    May 10, 2011
    Home Country
    I'm not really liking the builtin music titan theme, the available view options are rather limited.

Is there any way we can get other views ? I really like the MCE wall view.

Is there a way to edit the home screen? I don't really need to have plug ins on the front page, would much rather have online videos in it place

Also, I don't really care for pictures so would like to add a recorded TV or TV series option, is that possible?

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Take a look at Frames (one of a number of 1.3Beta friendly skins). Simple & effective.

Cheers - JCMP

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom