Can just about connect but can't do anything (1 Viewer)

fergusfog

October 29, 2011
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
I've struggled with this fora while but can't get it working properly.
I can connect to the PC but the client tells me "Remote Connection couldn't be established" and I can't really do much.

Details:

What I've installed/configured:
- Gmawebservice - Basic install, I didn't change anything
- Wifiremote - configured with admin/admin
(I didn't install TV4Home since that seems to be only for Home Server installs, and I have Win7 Ultimate)

Client Config:
- Using the QR code, ampdroid was configured with an IPv6 address (Teredo adapter) so I changed this to the IPv4 addr.
- Advanced mode shows the same IP and MAC for all services, port 8017 for wifiremote, 4321 for TV4Home (although not installed), 4321 for gmawebservice. Use Authentication is ticked for all, and all are admin/admin.

What happens:
- I connect to the server and get "Remote Connection couldn't be established". I do, however, get the opening screen with the remote, videos etc.
- Remote - Clicking on anything within the remote gives me "Remote not connected".
- Videos - This shows me the shares on the PC, and shows (some of) the videos. Clicking on a video, I get Download and Stream, but "Play on PC" is greyed out. Stream gives me a "MEDIA_ERROR_UNKNOWN".
- Music - Similar to videos, it lists the shares but shows none of the music. ("Loading failed. Check your connection")
- TV - Again, says no connection.

So it's kind of connecting, but not really.

Can some kind soul tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance.

Fergus.

Oxan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    TV4Home works on Windows 7 too. You just have to read carefully and download, as described in the install guide, the CoreService instead of the WHS add-in.
    If you don't get a working remote connection: is MediaPortal running? Have you enabled the WifiRemote plugin in the MediaPortal configuration?

If you can load your video and music shares, GMA is working. That streaming doesn't work on all devices is known; which phone are you using? Music should load though, but I can't magically see what happens. Could you post your GMA logs, as found in C:\ProgramData\GmaWebService?

Also see the troubleshooting section in the wiki.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom