can Mp client run on a Sepron 3400+ (1800) (1 Viewer)

RobTi

Portal Pro
April 29, 2009
Home Country
Scotland Scotland
Hi i am having problems with trying to view Tv from the server with the above cpu Mp runs okay till i select a tv channel to watch and the system freezes needing a reboot

I have 4gb ram a 5450 graphics card with for the record for tv.

Thanks

Robert

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    I've been running MP on very simialr setup (Sempron 3000+ and ATi HD3200 IGP) w/o any problems (didn't have HD channels that time).

Post your logs, and maybe you'll get some guidance :).

RobTi

Portal Pro
    April 29, 2009
    Home Country
    Scotland Scotland
    Thanks for the reply i am away from the pc till tonight i just wondered if it was possible to play tv on that cpu and if FTR was more cpu intensive than Mp tv server

Thanks

Robert

Andrew H

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 8, 2007
    Alabama
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I'd repurposed a Feb 2008 ECS AMD690GM-M2 AM2 AMD 690G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard & AMD Athlon 64 LE-1600 2.2GHz Socket AM2 45W Single-Core Processor w/ 1x2GB RAM build to run MP 1.2.2 client using HD6450 video card. Seems to run fine on .mkv but tends to drop frames on .ts recorded and live TV mpeg2 material. It's go Win 7 32-bit Home Premium and WMC plays just fine! The same .ts files that drop frames under MP 1.2.2 play fine under MPC-HC... I also have a DirecTV2PC app that plays recorded HD just fine but will choke/hang on SD material like stuff from TruTV that is 4:3 it can't play. All of these limitations/restrictions are moot on my BE-2350 based system, though.

I'm thinking the LE-1600 is underpowered for the burst processing required in some of these apps. I looked at the MP wiki and it states a dual-core CPU for HD material. I'm now thinking of getting a small Foxconn NTA350-0H0W-B-A-NA AMD Hudson D1 as an adequate unit for my bedroom... thoughts, comments?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom