Can not get Channles to work. (1 Viewer)

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    I echo the others, you really need a hardware based card if you are planning on using Media Portal. If you stick with software cards, you will have to remain on an old version of MP (so no upgrades) and you will never have timeshifting functions at the very least. most likely other things won't work properly either.

About the best value cheap and well supported card is the Huappagge 150. Most of the programmers use these, so the odds are good that it will always be the most supported card type.

You haven't answered yet, is it not too late to leave feedback on eBay that the software is free? This will at least help others avoid paying for it.

skyler8675

Portal Member
    January 21, 2006
    ill looking into that card on ebay and see what i can get it for. As in giving the person a bad feedback, i think i allready gave hime a postive feedback when i got the software without thinking. (before i found out it was free). I payed 6$ with shipping.

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    OK, $6 with shipping is pretty cool. Sounds like the person who sold it is just covering their costs.

There are people who have paid up to $100 for MP so you didn't do too badly :)

skyler8675

Portal Member
    January 21, 2006
    What ill try to do then is take back my card and get my money back and ill go and buy this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16815116620 I think that is the ones you guys said will work and i will go from there. Im not to sad about taking this card back anyways becouse it allready dosent work with my audio card and i have to geto hook it up though the moicrophone port and not the line in. Thanks for the help and ill be getting back you yall if have problems. When i Get my card shoul i download the newest Mp and updates...?

Marcusb

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 16, 2005
    Melbourne
    yep, that is the card that is most recommended for analog tv.

As for the latest versions, a lot of people are happy with earlier versions, but newer versions have a lot more features and more bug fixes so I am always trialling the latest. Just remember that the software is a long way from a final release so don't expect miracles, but it is a great application, even in these early stages.

Good luck with the exchange of the cards and I guess we'll see you around here sometime soon ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom