Can not get the background to change (1 Viewer)

egandt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2007
    I replace the background file with a new one, and it keeps using the old one, I checked for *.bxml and there are none, so I'm lost what is it using to keep the current skin?, also in development how to I stop it from creating caches as they can be very annoying when doing this?

Thanks,
    ERIC

rsparey

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2006
    Congleton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    you will need to delete all the packedfx png files in the root of your skin directory and then restart media portal.

regards

Rich

egandt

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 28, 2007
    Ok, no luck, I can change elements, but not the background.

I first copied BlueTwo wide to a new directory then modified it by replaced the background image "background.png", and recolored a number of element, now when I startup all I get is a black background, since they are both PNG images the only difference is the size the default is 1280x720 or so about, mine is 1920x180 as that is the display size. The packedfx in the cache directory do contain the new BG, which was not displayed. Every time I make a change I delete the cache directory for my new skin.

ERIC

Only log message that is not info is:
    2007-05-01 20:46:14.609375 [Warn.][MPMain]: GraphicContext: NO screen calibration file found for resolution 1920x1080!, so no mention of a problem with the BG.

I tried changing the lines:
    <texture>Background.png</texture>
    <width>1920</width>
    <height>1080</height>
    As well without success

rsparey

Portal Pro
    August 16, 2006
    Congleton
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    <texture>background.png</texture>