[Radio] Can not restart the same Radio channel after it was stopped (2 Viewers)

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    I must admit that I'm suffering from this now too using svn24274. But as I said in an earlier post I wasn't experiencing this earlier.

Also having tv-config/manual control open while trying to tune to a radio channel actually shows that it is timeshifting and the tsbuffer file is playable in vlc.

If any dev is able to assist I can offer me to help with testing.

//johnzered

infinite.loop

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 26, 2004
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I must admit that I'm suffering from this now too using svn24274. But as I said in an earlier post I wasn't experiencing this earlier.

Also having tv-config/manual control open while trying to tune to a radio channel actually shows that it is timeshifting and the tsbuffer file is playable in vlc.

If any dev is able to assist I can offer me to help with testing.

//johnzered

I can not confirm this. But since you can, please add it to mantis and set this thread to "Bug".

robbo100

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 5, 2009
    UK
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to confirm, I am also seeing this problem and so is my father with the latest version of MP SVN:24669.

However, I am not just seeing the problem when trying to play the same channel, but also when playing any other radio channel (if I stop and select a new channel).

If I select a new channel without stopping the radio it does work. However if I use the Radio Guide to select the radio channel then it is very unreliable and selecting a new channel without stopping does not always work.

Logs attached (if they help)

Thanks

Robbo100

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    First of all sorry everyone that I haven't added this one to mantis.

But the good news is that I think it's fixed now. I think this problem is related to this mantis issue: 0002716: unable to play liveXY-Z.ts.buffer - MediaPortal Bugtracker which was recently fixed by gibman and there was also a fix by ambass in svn 25134. After these fixes I haven't been able to reproduce this anymore. So please try the upcoming RC2, I will monitor this thread and if someone still have problems after RC2 is out I will mantis it.

//johnzered

Rara Avis

Portal Pro
    April 9, 2009
    At last!
    I can confirm that with RC2 this annoying isuue disappeared!
    Many, many thanks!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom