Can only play 1 movie after installing 0.6.5, then need to restart MP (1 Viewer)

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi All.

MP 1.0
Moving Pictures 0.6.5
Latest StreamedMP.

I only noticed this problem after installing 0.6.5. (Note that I had manually installed 0.6.5, and then ran the latest StreamedMP installer which appeared to install 0.6.5 as well).

For some reason, movies will only play once and after MP sits idle for a long time, subsequent movies won't play without having to restart MP. When this happens, I see the following in the log:

Code:
2009-01-11 14:28:14.375000 [ERROR][MPMain]: VideoPlayer9:exception while creating DShow graph Creating
an instance of the COM component with CLSID {E436EBB3-524F-11CE-9F53-0020AF0BA770} from the IClassFactory
failed due to the following error: 80070486.    at MediaPortal.Player.VideoPlayerVMR9.GetInterfaces()
Anyone have any idea what is going on here?

I understand that the above error message isn't coming from moving pictures, but I can't figure out what is wrong and can only confirm that this only happened after 0.6.5.

I should mention that this all started to happen after one time I exited MP and quickly restarted it. A warning dialog came up about something going to be using the software renderer and it will be slow. Then I restarted the machine, lanched MP (and no warning dialog this time), and then this issue started to happen. Subsequent restarts and MP doesn't solve my movie playing issue.

Nothing has changed in my configuration since ever installing MP 1.0. I do have latest graphics card drivers, Dx 9.0c (ran web installer which did update some components, but version remains at 9.0c) Running WinXP + SP3.

help would be greatly appreciated.

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Do you have the same issues outside of Moving Pictures? Playing a video through TVSeries or MyVideo for example? If so the first thing I would try is to remove Moving Pictures from your plug-in folder to see if this does or does not solve the problem. At least at that point you will know where the problem is at. It sounds to me like codec, driver or directx issues based on your logs though... which sorry i guess covers a lot of ground. Test if the problem goes away when uninstalling Moving Pictures though, and if it does I will take a closer look at the code to see what I can figure out.

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I can almost certainly say it has does not have to do with movingpictures.
TV series suffers from this as well (here at my setup at least)
Happened after reinstalling MP from RC4 to 1 final.
I only have been watching tv series though and this happens to me as well. Sometimes 1 episode, sometimes 2 or 3.
When I figure it out I'll post (appreciate when you could do the same :) )

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
marvenius are you saying you have the same problem or are you just speculating?

marvenius

Portal Pro
September 3, 2008
Belgium
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I'm saying I do have a problem. But I noticed it while using mp-tvseries.
The error message does look familiar. Therefor my current conclusion is that it is not related to MovingPictures only, but more MP related. That's the speculating part.

flyte

Portal Pro
November 26, 2008
Home Country
Canada Canada
Well I seemed to have solved the problem. I removed the MP Dashboard plugin and re-enabled the TopBar plugin (these were the only changes I did other than upgrade to the latest streamedMP and moving pictures), and the problem has seem to have gone! I can now play more than 1 movie after MP is idle for a long time.

I am not sure why the above would solve the issue?

Airshark

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2007
    Baden- Württemberg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I had the same issue.
    I solved it when i enabled MyVideos in the Plugin Section. First i disabled it, because i thought i dont need it anymore when I use moving pictures. But i thing you need it to play videos and to STOP videos :D

flyte

Portal Pro
    November 26, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I had the same issue.
    I solved it when i enabled MyVideos in the Plugin Section. First i disabled it, because i thought i dont need it anymore when I use moving pictures. But i thing you need it to play videos and to STOP videos :D

uhh.. I have MyVideos disabled, and only use moving pictures. All I did you solve this problem is disable Dashboard, and re-enabled Top Bar.

perhaps the number of plugins enabled causes this problem?

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I had the same issue.

uhh.. I have MyVideos disabled, and only use moving pictures. All I did you solve this problem is disable Dashboard, and re-enabled Top Bar.

perhaps the number of plugins enabled causes this problem?

I don't think so as I have quite a lot of plugins (20+) enabled. Perhaps there are some ID's in one of the plugins that are conflicting with others?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom