Can somebody port this skin? (1 Viewer)

hulkhaugen

Portal Pro
November 9, 2008
Arendal
Home Country
Norway Norway
I browsed trough Medioo's webpages and found this skin which imo looks very good. I downloaded the skin, and opened the .mopp file (or something like that i think) in 7-zip and could easily access all the graphics in the package. I installed StreamedMP with the Aeon mod menu, and tried to modify it into this skin, but it seems to be a lot more work than i feared. I realized that if i were to finish it, it would probably reach beta after the release of Windows 13 :p

Anyways, the skin is made by a talented guy called crn, and he should have most of the credits if this skin gets ported, and he should probably also decide if we get to port it, even though i don't think he would mind. He also has an account here at MP, but doesn't seem to be particular active.

Here's a few screenshots that i really like about it, especially the tv-series screen:

So if there's a talented skinner with lack of ideas, please consider this one :) Btw, i think it's called something like Evolution Chrome, and he has also made two other versions, one dark and one more (can't remember)...

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Looks great. Perhaps it will feel a bit to "pale" after some time? Other than that, it looks like another neat Aeon spin-off :). Perhaps a bit Alaska inspired?

Nato

Portal Pro
    April 18, 2006
    Christchurch
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    the one thing i really liked about the theme is how the backgrounds seems to float in the background while using the theme.

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I think this looks even better: Ny bilder på Xperience

XperienceInfoPanel.jpg

XperienceOSDAudioSettings.jpg

XperiencePosterList.jpg

XperienceVideoPosterList.jpg

XperienceRecentlyAddedMovies.jpg

Use the link at the top for more pictures.
    Emph

Harley

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 7, 2004
    Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Thats experience skin from xbmc, realy nice one to.
    It is from team blackbold, they also do the Ellipsis Skin.
    Both are work in progress at the moment.
    And both are realy eyecatcher.

Harley:)

cul8er

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 31, 2006
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I really like this skin also. It has inspired me on starting to create a fourth option for a basichome for the x-factor skin (horizontal, vertical, Aeon and now a new one inspired by Alaska). Still early work by progressing well. And no, it is not a port of the Alaska skin, only a new basichome for the x-factor skin with elements inspired by the Alaska;)

cheers
    cul8er

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Gray text on a gray background? Where did those designers where when they should have having the usability studies done? :p

Scythe42

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2009
    Berlin
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Looks like designed for print media, to looks good in adverts or single screenshots to promote a product. I find it very hard to read on screen and there's too much style over substance going on. Usability has to come first and style needs to support it. Guess being Alaska-Like while showing Aeon roots is currently en vogue.

I still think that Aeon Stark is one of the few skins that got the part typography right (but a bit to gimmicky in some places). But at least it feels consistent. In most skins you can see the evolutionary process of designing these. And font choice (spacing, size, free space etc.) is usually very bad in nearly all skins. But that's an art on its own. It's not the typefaces, it's the space around them that holds everything together.

Maybe I dated too many designer hotties over the years and became picky :p

I hope people will drop these cover flows for something better (or a new flow approach). The flipping only works when you have a small library. On huge libraries like I have it's just horrible to use. Easy access for very big libraries is what all skins are currently missing. Cover Flowing through 1000+ movies is even worse than scrolling through one huge list box.

PS: still waiting for THE MP skin. Hasn't surfaced yet but X-Factor is looking very promising so far...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom