Can someone tell me what these log errors are? (1 Viewer)

slikvik

Portal Pro
May 8, 2006
I'm trying to sort our my MePo problems once and for all and was wondering if someone could tell me if these errors could be causing the problems I'm having?

May main problem is resuming from Standby and the Desktop showing with MePo only in Taskmanager.
I also get occasion hanging of MePo and occasional crashes of MePo.

Anyway these are the errors I'm seeing most in the log:

I get this repeated a lot...

[TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsAnyCardRecording) The operation has timed out after 3000.
[MPMain ] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsRecording) The operation has timed out after 3000.

I get a bunch of Titan skin errors like these....

[MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\MyMusicPlayingNow.xml' is missing control id 999 (window property: VUMeterLeft)
[MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name '-' does not exist
[MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\videoOverlay.xml' is missing control id 0 (window property: _videoRectangle)
[MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name 'font13' does not exist

This happens after resume...

[MusicShareWatcher] [MusicShareWatcher] [INFO ] - Unable to turn on monitoring for: \\SERVER\Music Exception: The directory name \\SERVER\Music is invalid.

Can I delay this until the server disks wake up?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand

May main problem is resuming from Standby and the Desktop showing with MePo only in Taskmanager.
    When was the last time this occurred?

I also get occasion hanging of MePo and occasional crashes of MePo.
    I can see these in the Windows application event log. For example:
    "16/09/2013 19:04:54";"Windows Error Reporting";"(0)";"Information";"Fault bucket -637300838, type 1 Event Name: APPCRASH Response: Not available Cab Id: 0 Problem signature: P1: MediaPortal.exe P2: 1.4.0.0 P3: 51becb72 P4: ntdll.dll P5: 6.2.9200.16578 P6: 515fac6e P7: c0000005 P8: 00023ea0 P9: P10: Attached files: C:\Users\Vic\AppData\Local\Temp\WERE771.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml These files may be available here: C:\Users\Vic\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_MediaPortal.exe_8360f69f83d372d571a2843bf48b275dc2836_1a1702e9 Analysis symbol: Rechecking for solution: 0 Report ID: 52402e7d-1ecb-11e3-bef6-20689d17fba1 Report Status: 0 Hashed bucket: 0120c0fb29dfc161aea226326b76bcac";"1001"

Unfortunately a crash in ntdll.dll does not immediately suggest the cause, and your log files don't quite go far enough back to see what you were doing when the crash occurred. Please post complete log files immediately next time a crash happens.

I get this repeated a lot...

[TvClient-TvHome: HeartBeat transmitter thread] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsAnyCardRecording) The operation has timed out after 3000.
    [MPMain ] [ERROR] - TvServer: Failed to execute remote TV server operation (IsRecording) The operation has timed out after 3000.
    This means the TV Server was not reachable. It is not unusual immediately after resume (as in your case). The TV Server simply hasn't completely finished resuming.

I get a bunch of Titan skin errors like these....

[MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\MyMusicPlayingNow.xml' is missing control id 999 (window property: VUMeterLeft)
    [MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name '-' does not exist
    [MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIWindow:OnWindowLoaded: 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\Skin\Titan\videoOverlay.xml' is missing control id 0 (window property: _videoRectangle)
    [MPMain ] [WARN ] - GUIFontManager: Font with the name 'font13' does not exist
    Not so sure about these, but I think they can be ignored.

This happens after resume...

[MusicShareWatcher] [MusicShareWatcher] [INFO ] - Unable to turn on monitoring for: \\SERVER\Music Exception: The directory name \\SERVER\Music is invalid.

Can I delay this until the server disks wake up?
    Sorry, I don't know.

slikvik

Portal Pro
    May 8, 2006
    Hi,

I posted about the resume/desktop issue in one of the Area 51 threads but it may be more relevant here. Essentially it happens pretty much every morning:

You wake from standby and the desktop is showing. MePo is not showing in the taskbar but IS still running in Taskmanager. You turn the Amp off and back on again, and when the viola!, MePo is back running fullscreen fine. (Occasionally it will be in a frozen state.)

Box is connected via HDMI to AMP to TV.

It's driving me made as the wife is either moaning that she has to go through the amp on/off jiggle or worse, if it's hung, she has to phone me at work so I can RDC in and restart the PC (she works from home as a child minder).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom