Can´t play movies with 2 files (1 Viewer)

zpower

Portal Pro
November 27, 2007
Home Country
Portugal Portugal
Hi

i need some help please. :confused:
I start to put all my films on hard disk and use Myfilms 4.8.0c to play it. But i´ve a problem playing movies with 2 files. All the others movies with one file play good.
I search on the forum for similar problems and some fix but any luck.
- i try movie-cd1, movie_cd1, movie cd1 etc
- i try create m3u list but don't work
- i try export only 1 file to Ant

I use last MP release 1.0.1.0 with Myfilms plug in 4.8.0c. My database is Ant Movie.

Can someone help please?

Thanks and sorry about my English

Attachments

• ant.JPG
    ant.JPG
    415.1 KB
  • Myfilms.jpg
    Myfilms.jpg
    140.6 KB
  • MP.jpg
    MP.jpg
    333.8 KB

jazbo8

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
China China
I am too having problems with playing back multi-part files, I use Video->Playlist to create the m3u files which plays fine in Video, however, when the same m3u is referenced in the ANT Storage File Info item, then MyFilms plugin can't play it (or taking forever to load, I am not sure which since I didn't wait around). Any reason why this is the case? I would think the response under Video and MyFilms should be the same...

Thanks,
Jaz

o0X0o

Portal Pro
August 19, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Create the playlist manually in notepad, with the full path to each file on a seperate line in the order you wish to watch. Just save as .txt then change the extension to .m3u Example:

Z:\movie\part_a.avi
Z:\movie\part_b.avi

Then in the URL field place the full path to the .m3u file. When you press play in MyFilms an image appears with multiple discs allowing you to select which file to play. Chosing the first plays the second automatically

FYI - You can quickly test from within AMC by placing the cursor in the URL field and pressing ENTER

jazbo8

Portal Member
February 8, 2009
Home Country
China China
Create the playlist manually in notepad, with the full path to each file on a seperate line in the order you wish to watch. Just save as .txt then change the extension to .m3u Example:

Z:\movie\part_a.avi
Z:\movie\part_b.avi

Then in the URL field place the full path to the .m3u file. When you press play in MyFilms an image appears with multiple discs allowing you to select which file to play. Chosing the first plays the second automatically

FYI - You can quickly test from within AMC by placing the cursor in the URL field and pressing ENTER

Ok, I will give that a try. Just curious, is it true that MyFilms scan the whole mkv files in the playlist before playback? I read in some threads that it take a long time to start playing m3u with many mkv files. I really don't have many avi files, instead many large mkv files from BD rips.

Thanks,
Jaz

o0X0o

Portal Pro
August 19, 2007
Brisbane
Home Country
Not sure about that one... I have multiple 700Mb avi's in a single playlist and there's no noticeable delay in either showing the multi-part animation or in beginning playback. I also have single .mkv's that are anything up to 13Gb and they begin playing immediately.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Why do you not use mkvmerge to add first file and append the second, this will give one single file in about 40-50 seconds :)

Makes things a lot neater file wise.

jazbo8

Portal Member
    February 8, 2009
    Home Country
    China China
    Why do you not use mkvmerge to add first file and append the second, this will give one single file in about 40-50 seconds :)

That makes sense, I will check it out thanks! I tried using DOS "concatenate" function to merge the files, it worked but took a very long time to complete a 30G job...:eek:

Jaz

o0X0o

Portal Pro
    August 19, 2007
    Brisbane
    Home Country

I've used mkvmerge in the past nad it's very good, but I guess it depends on your requirements and the files in question. Some people use playlists to add trailers and alternate endings etc, not just to call multi-part movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom