Can view .Avi files on monitor but not TV (2 Viewers)

scolli02

Portal Member
December 16, 2005
Graceland
I have an issue with playing .avi files. I can view them on my pc monitor but not on my tv. I can however view mpeg's, vob's, etc.. on my tv with no problems. I used to be able to view .avi files on my tv up until I formatted my pc a couple of months ago. I'm not sure what I originally had on my pc that would have made the difference. Would it be a codec's issue or the graphic's driver? I've tried several diffrent codec's and various video card drivers with no luck so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

mzemina

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Tulsa, OK
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Scolli02 - Welcome aboard. To prevent you from banging your head against the wall it is advised that you complete the support template and post it here. We have a support tool which will make the info gathering very painless. Once you have posted the template information people can then look over and more than likely understand the prolem behind your issue. Without that info, it is twenty questions time and frustrations build on both sides.

Please find the support tool and the template info in this posting.

Mike

scolli02

Portal Member
    December 16, 2005
    Graceland
    Area: .Avi Playback to TV
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-09-01)
    MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 1.1.4322
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 1.50GHz
    Memory: 767 MB
    Motherboard: P4S333 (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
    TV Card Model: -
    TV Card Type: -
    TV Card Driver: -
    Video Card Model: Radeon 9200 Series (128 MB)
    Video Card Driver: ATI Display Driver Driver 8.18-050914a1-027256C-ATI
    Video Card Resolution: 1024x768
    Video Render Type: Overlay
    Audio Card Model: CMI8738/C3DX PCI Audio Device
    Audio Card Driver: -
    Synopsis::

I have an issue with playing .avi files. I can view them on my pc monitor but not on my tv. I can however view mpeg's, vob's, etc.. on my tv with no problems. I used to be able to view .avi files on my tv up until I formatted my pc a couple of months ago. I'm not sure what I originally had on my pc that would have made the difference. Would it be a codec's issue or the graphic's driver? I've tried several diffrent codec's and various video card drivers with no luck so far. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom