Can you guess what's coming.... (1 Viewer)

bobrap

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 22, 2006
    TN
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Seems I'm having no luck with this:( I'm using the latest SVN, Indigo skin with using fanart. Anybody want to hold my hand setting this right? :D

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Cool.
    Good timing, I just did an alpha blended vignettes overlay enhancement yesterday to my skin for use with fan art from theTVdb.com so I am integrating this new stuff in right now!

---------------
    First testing.

1. F9 option 4 only availble when in either the Series or Season views of the facade view, not the episode view, can we have it on all menus?

--> Ackn, Will Fix (overlooked a condition)

2. No original fan art displayed, my fan art from \thumb\Fan Art is not displayed. That is both the old style names stuff:
    76290_dark_24_14.png
    and stuff I have downloaded from thetvdb.com manually
    79501-2.jpg

--> Expected/by design

3. Crashed when doing a selection / download from F9 in Season view. cold not get to see the exception as PC was locked.

--> Cannot reproduce, anyone else?

4. It did download the new fanart and it is stored in \thumbs\Fan Art\fanart\original; but it is not being displayed.

--> Cannot reproduce, anyone else?

--------------------
    Update:

If I select F9 options - display random Fanart (on) then I can see my old fanart, but still not the new stuff.

--> ?? Old (called "Drop-in Fanart" - stuff you didn't download with the new feature) will never be displayed in the fanart chooser, so I have no idea how you could possibly get it there. New stuff always gets displayed for me, wether available locally or not, so cannot reproduce

crash - (not a crash as such) Unhandled exception occus evertime after the download of a fan art competes. There are no details. Tuned on max level dbug, nothing useful in the logs.

--> cannnot reproduce, always downloads fine for me. What does the unhandled exception say?
    --------------------
    Update 2:

After a restart of MP and with several thetvdb.com downloaded fanarts I now see a fan art for the show, however it is not the one selected. If when displayed I again press F9 and 4.Fan Art, select a new image, again this is not the one displayed.

--> Expected if Random Fanart is on. Otherwise cannot reproduce.
    --------------------
    Update 3:

If the internet is offline (or router crashed in my case) then the Fan Art preview screen will hand mediaportal. Perhaps add a check for internet access in there and just show local files if not online.

--> Will add a timeout.....but it should timeout automatically (will also move it to a background thread to avoid blocking the same way thumbnail fetching is done)
    --------------------
    Update 4:

If 'display random fan art is selected' and you press F9-4 for fanart selection, then after you make your selection this is not the one displayed, but a random one is. Would be good to set it to the select, even if random is enabled, obviously just for the current return screen.

--> Expected behaviour, random means give me a random one, every time. As you go back it just checks for fanart again, and if random is on, will give you a random one. The chooser in this case is only to donwnload new fanart and/or delte existing ones.

-------------------
    Update 5:

Cannot set the position of the preview <ID>4560 off screen, ie <posx>-150</posx>
    I shrink and position of screen the fan art then overlay an alpha filter to blend it into my skin theme; in the preview screen i cannot create this same look.

--> Don't understand. The Preview doesnt need a specific id, but only a specific tag inside your images texture tags (#TVSeries.FanArt.SelectedPreview). If you don't wanna display it just dont use the tag?

-------------------
    Update 6:

If you have random fanart turned OFF
    Press F9-4 to go to fanart selector.
    move to a new image (left right)
    then press back without selecting a new fanart NO fan art is then displayed in the view - it should still display the last selected fanart as no new selection has been made.

--> Ackn, Will fix.

:D for testing

Keep in mind that there is also an unrelated volume of patches coming in, so don't be too quick to point at Fanart being the failure if something weird happens. Yes, threading is hard, especially to debug. Lots of opportunities for me to screw up :rolleyes:

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Inker
    Feature reqest
    Im working on a adaption of the fanart xml to my SpinSafe 1080 skin.
    As you may know i have kind of a "navbar" to display the current location in the TVSeries.xml.
    Example My TVSeries - > Unwatched -> Lost -> Season 2

If i use this lable in the new fanart xml it only show My TV Series -> Unwashed.
    It would be great if the current selected seriesname would be displayed in this xml also.
    Maybee also display "Fanart Selection" or something.
    Like "My TVSeries - > Unwatched -> Lost -> Fanart Selection"

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    @Inker
    Feature reqest
    As you may know i have kind of a "navbar" to display the current location in the TVSeries.xml.

If i use this lable in the new fanart xml it only show My TV Series -> Unwashed.
    It would be great if the current selected seriesname would be displayed in this xml also.

Does #TVSeries.Fanart.PageTitle not work, should do exactly that?
    (yes I should probably rename that, any ideas? the same one as in tvseries.xml isn't a good choice because it requires syncing the two because it requires additional work for me :))

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    @Inker
    Feature reqest

Does #TVSeries.Fanart.PageTitle not work, should do exactly that?
    (yes I should probably rename that, any ideas? the same one as in tvseries.xml isn't a good choice because it requires syncing the two because it requires additional work for me :))

HAHA!!!, my foult...( im so stupid) i missed that one in you previous post.
    It works great!

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden

Can i quote you on this, bar of soap or showergel anyone :D

mirk you just made my day.

:D

LOL!!

OK, todays result... (see image).
    There will still be some small changes, so the xml files will not be posted just yet.

Attachments

• 00-33-10.jpg
      00-33-10.jpg
      202.9 KB

mirk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2006
    Växjö, Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    OK.
    The Fanart section in the SpinSafe 1080 skin is now available to be seen in action. ::LINK::

Inker

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 6, 2004
    Did anybody play with the colors yet (yes I know the Fanart part itself still has some issues)?

Do skinners find them useful at all? Thetvdb.com is thinking about dumping them alltogether since nobody seems to know what to do with them. If you're interested I suggest you voice youre opinion while it still matters (mockups, insults, whatever) :)

(relevant thread here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom