Canal Digital subscription gives me very little EPG data. (1 Viewer)

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi.
    I just started to use FloppyDTV (DVB-S) with Norwegian Canal Digital subscription.
    The EPG data is really poor, some channels have none, and at most it's current+next program.

I would like to know how other Norwegians here are doing it ? - do I need to use WebEPG to get some decent data (like one week ahead ?) - or is there a way to get it all like canal-digital's tuners seem to be able to ?

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Not that I'm norweigan, but I would be surprised if it differed from my swedish setup.

I have TV Server set to always try to update the EPG (all four boxes checked on the epg tab). Also, the only channel I have set to grab EPG for is Discovery World (with 'store data only...' unchecked). This gives me two days of information for all channels.

//Johannes

lulsam

Portal Pro
    December 28, 2006
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Found this topic interesting as I have a subscription to Canal Satelite Digital (Spanish provider) and during my first try I just got current + next program epg data. I guessed this is what the provider offers but based on your results I will give it another try.

Great!! Regards

Al_Capone

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    in my case the week long EPG is supposed to be broadcasted on only one transponder, (all channels on this transponder) it was 12456 V, or 12356 V
    No matter what i don't get MediaPortal to capture more than 2 days, I don't know why.

I don't fullyunderstand the timeouts ? - is it possible that the EPG takes "longer" time than 12minutes ? - and the timeout forces the grabber to next channel ? (it's a lot of languages after all)

lordarcane

Portal Pro
    November 3, 2008
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I can confirm that the trick with using discovery world as epggrabber works werry well for me to with swedish CanalDigital. I followed Wbunaarf´s trick and got two days of epg!:D

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi.

CD from thor there are two non-video channels that broacast week epg. I use only those: epg2ota & epg3resup look at kingofsat.
    just uncheck from tvsetup grap for selected channels. Working good.

regards,

Wbunaarf

Portal Pro
    December 9, 2005
    Sweden
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Yes, grabbing from EPG3 OTA and EPG3 Resup indeed provides more data (5 days, I think) than grabbing from e.g. Discovery World (2 days). As a pointer to others, I've attached screenshots of their settings.

//Johannes

Attachments

• EPG3_OTA.png
      EPG3_OTA.png
      135.8 KB
    • EPG3_Resup.png
      EPG3_Resup.png
      139 KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom