[fixed] Cannot Create Graph when switch from ATSC to Analog channel (1 Viewer)

oskar242000

Portal Member
May 11, 2011
Home Country
Germany Germany
AW: Cannot Create Graph when switch from ATSC to Analog channel

Ok, how can help and add support for these codecs ???. I thought 1.2b would recognize them automatically if they are installed but this is somehow not the case...Can you give me some points to start ??? I´m working in the software development business so small tweaks should not be the problem..

Greetings from Germany

Oskar

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Cannot Create Graph when switch from ATSC to Analog channel

Ok, how can help and add support for these codecs ???. I thought 1.2b would recognize them automatically if they are installed but this is somehow not the case...Can you give me some points to start ??? I´m working in the software development business so small tweaks should not be the problem..
    Cool - since you're running 1.2.0b *and* you're a software person this should be a "walk in the park". :)

Okay, the first thing to do is to check the lists of software encoders in TV Server configuration in the "general section" ("software encoders" tab). I'm assuming you've already done this, but I just want to make sure so that we don't waste time. There are a few Mainconcept encoders that should already be listed. If the "installed" column says "yes" they're already installed then all you have to do to use them is move them up to priority 1 (or above any other encoders that are installed). If TV Server is unable to use them even though they are high priority then that is the sign of an incompatible encoder...

Assuming that none of the Mainconcept encoders are marked as installed, all that we have to do to add the encoder(s) on your computer is to find and add the *exact* names of the filter(s) to the softwareencoders table in the database.

First step is to get the names:

1. Please download and run GraphStudio (no installation required).
    2. Go to "graph"->"insert filter...".
    3. The encoders in your system will be listed in the "Video Compressors", "Audio Compressors", and "DirectShow Filters" categories. Search through the three categories until you find the Mainconcept encoder(s).
    4. Double click on each one to add them to the graph.
    5. Take a screenshot (CTRL + F12 is the easiest) and post it here.

If you can't find the encoders then the software may be using "internal" filters (like VLC). TV Server can't use those kinds of codecs. Once I've seen the screenshot I should be able to tell you if there is anything obvious that would make the encoders incompatible...

mm

PS: can you tell me whether you're using MySQL or SQL Server.

oskar242000

Portal Member
    May 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Ok; figured it out and inserted a few codecs into the TV-Server application via MySQL but with no luck..In GraphStudio they looked ok.

I tried with terratec USB XS HD, windows 7/64bit:

the delivered Microsoft encoders from windows 7 -> No audio/video
    Arcsoft -> No audio/video
    Mainconcept (MCE) (the one I thought that should work) -> No audio/video
    Cyberlink(Terratec) -> No audio/video
    Intervideo 3.1.6 (Not the one from WINDVR) -> Audio/video ok but again out of synch/stuttering
    ATI -> Video ok / Audio stuttering
    Cyberlink (Twinhan) -> Video stuttering / Audio ok
    combinations audio <-> didn´t work either

Any more encoders I can test ???:rolleyes:
    Personally I think the goal should be to get somehow the microsoft encoders working with mediaportal (If it´s even possible). They are delivered with windows 7 and the users would have no install issues, extra downloading, searches etc....

I will do further testing tomorrow. If it helps you guys I can post some logfiles...

Greetings

Oskar

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Re: AW: Cannot Create Graph when switch from ATSC to Analog channel

Hi again Oskar

Ok; figured it out and inserted a few codecs into the TV-Server application via MySQL but with no luck..
    Awesome. :)

In GraphStudio they looked ok.
    What are you basing that on? Please be aware that only separated audio and video encoders only work with TV Server (ie. Avermedia will not work). There are other subtleties that make encoders incompatible even if they are separate...

I tried with terratec USB XS HD, windows 7/64bit:

the delivered Microsoft encoders from windows 7 -> No audio/video
    Arcsoft -> No audio/video
    Mainconcept (MCE) (the one I thought that should work) -> No audio/video
    Cyberlink(Terratec) -> No audio/video
    Intervideo 3.1.6 (Not the one from WINDVR) -> Audio/video ok but again out of synch/stuttering
    ATI -> Video ok / Audio stuttering
    Cyberlink (Twinhan) -> Video stuttering / Audio ok
    combinations audio <-> didn´t work either

Any more encoders I can test ???:rolleyes:
    I've got some Pinnacle, PCTV Systems and Hauppauge ones...:p:D

It sounds like you have "encoder soup"! I've found that sometimes installing other applications or software can mess up my encoders. I haven't had the time to get to the bottom of that, but in particular the Hauppauge (Mainconcept), Cyberlink (Twinhan) and Intervideo (WinDVR 3) are not reliably available for me to use in graph building. Note that I have stripped the DLLs and AXs from the software and registered them myself (I don't like having useless software installed just for codecs!). Perhaps you have some of the same problems...

Personally I think the goal should be to get somehow the microsoft encoders working with mediaportal (If it´s even possible). They are delivered with windows 7 and the users would have no install issues, extra downloading, searches etc....
    I agree, although I haven't got a clue how to do something like that, and further, I am running XP. MisterD would be the person to contact.

I will do further testing tomorrow. If it helps you guys I can post some logfiles...
    Yes please. :)

Best regards,
    mm

[Edit: did you check the frame rate and format settings that I mentioned earlier?]

oskar242000

Portal Member
    May 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi again mm,

ok tuner setting are correct PAL 25FPS. I tried to clean up the enoders an the tried to install the hauppauge ones. I stripped the files and registered the .ax files via RegSvrHelper (regsrv32 made problems wind windows7/64bit). So the showed up in Graphstudio and I could select them in TV-Server-Config. Unfortunalty they didn´t work. No audio/video. Maybe I forgot something to register. Can you tell me which files have to be registered or is there something else to do to get those encpders working ???

Attached the tv.log and a graph screenshot...

:D Oskar

EDIT: Ok, tried the mainconcept ones. Audio/video in synch bad the picture gets sometimes disturbed. So no perfect sulution till now. I think I will go with the cyberlink encoders. B.t.w. if someone of you has problems with drivers for the terratec cinergy usb xs. For me drivers from the PCTV 80e are working very good.

Attachments

• graph.JPG
      graph.JPG
      36 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi everyone

This is just a quick note to let you all know that the fix for this issue has been committed and will definitely be included in 1.2.0rc. Thanks for reporting and testing!

:D

oskar242000

Portal Member
    May 11, 2011
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

:D

Just to keep you an the others informed. I did a fresh install and installed only the avivo encoders, saf filters (6.0) and not the software delivered with the card. Now analogue TV works like a charm. So you were right. Codec soup was the problem....

Greetings from Germany

Oskar

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom