"Cannot create Graph" ? (1 Viewer)

Topcat

March 16, 2007
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi there, first time using this forum . Have just installed a basic Dazzle TV analoge card so i could connect my sky box to the media portal for watching . When I go to "My TV" I get the message "Cannot create Graph" and cannot start time shift. Any ideas ? Is this sortable?

All help greatly received.

Thanks.

TheBuru

Portal Member
January 31, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
on my tv card get this error untill i install the trial of cyberlink powercinema 5 and use the codecs of cyberlink.
maybe you need a certain codec to get the card responding...

zero_armada

March 17, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm wondering if we're running into the same problem. For me, when I try to enter "My TV," I get an error saying "My TV cannot start. Cannot start Graph." Changing codecs for me hasn't worked yet.

TheBuru

Portal Member
January 31, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
changing the codecs to cyberlink is a solution not working with everyone...
Most important is to find out what codecs your card uses natively.
search for them in the directory of the original software of the card.
Some of the software does not register the decoder it is using.
If you find it, the easyest way ist to register these decoder and use them to wath tv.

na alternative solution is using graphedit.

http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/Add_TVCard_to_natively_supported_list

zero_armada

March 17, 2007
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Board Error?

Ok, for some reason, I think it's my TV Tuner. I have a Sony Vaio, and I'm using the Sony Realtime MPEG Encoder board. I know it has been supported for a while now, but for some reason, MP's getting this error. I've been able to use Giga Pocket (bad) and a couple of other programs to watch live TV, so I'm not sure what's going on here on my end.

e268

Portal Member
August 31, 2005
Toronto
Home Country
Canada Canada
Cannot create graph error - fixed

I fixed it by downloading the latest driver (ATI Theater 550).

T.Lancer

Portal Member
March 11, 2007
Home Country
Germany Germany
Ok, I get the same Problem with an ATI Radeon 9700 ViVo. With WinDVR I get a nice picture, but in Media Portal I get the same error, even in the Setup App. "Cannot create Graph"/"Unable to create graph for this device."

I've tried different Codecs: Cyberlink, WinDVR, ATI codecs, everything. Yet still no picture. (over Composite connection)

I tried the installationguide for the 9600 but with no luck.

There must be a way to get it working. And ViVo cards are supported by Media Portal, right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom