Cannot Delete a TV Program (1 Viewer)

dabineri

Portal Pro
February 16, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Now MP refuses to record. A program set to record did not start as scheduled and when I chose to RECORD CURRENT PROGRAM nothing started recording.

I attach a log of this situation in the hope that it indicates something that will help.

Thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Dave, the TV service log is very clear:
    [2014-10-27 17:43:47,415] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - Scheduler: Schedule 10/27/2014 5:30:00 PM-ABC News 13 at 5:30 (-) has already been recorded (10/24/2014 5:29:26 PM) - aborting...

I guess you've enabled the "...prevent duplicate recording..." option and the episode title or number matches an episode you've already recorded.

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    mm, Thanks to your help, I had everything working until today. I had it set to record (weekdays) BBCA (ch 264 BBCAHD) at 6am and at 7am and it did fine until today, Friday.
    I also had it set to record ABC News at 5:30pm (ch 13 WSETDT) and PBS Newshour at 6pm (ch 15 WBDADT) and none of these recorded despite having worked fine on Mon,Tues and Wed. I made no changes in the settings during this time.

Please let me know if the logs tell you anything. Many thanks. Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hi Dave

Please let me know if the logs tell you anything.
    Your logs only go back as far as 6:11 pm today (Friday), and they're filled with this:
    [collapse]
    [2014-10-31 18:15:46,316] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [INFO ] - diskmanagement: Delete episode TvDatabase.Channel The This Old House Hour Saturday, August 09, 2014 4:59:13 AM
    [2014-10-31 18:15:46,316] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [DEBUG] - DeleteRecordingOnDisk: 'D:\TimeShift\15 WBRADT\The This Old House Hour\The This Old House Hour - 2014-08-09 - SEP00767410 - E1216 - This Old House Italianate Inspiration; Ask This Old House_ Installing a Clawfoot Tub With Shower; Installing a Permanent Fire Escape Ladder.ts'
    [2014-10-31 18:15:46,317] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [DEBUG] - - deleting 'C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\thumbs\The This Old House Hour - 2014-08-09 - SEP00767410 - E1216 - This Old House Italianate Inspiration; Ask This Old House_ Installing a Clawfoot Tub With Shower; Installing a Permanent Fire Escape Ladder.jpg'
    [2014-10-31 18:15:46,318] [Log ] [scheduler thread] [ERROR] - RecordingFileHandler: Error while deleting a recording from disk: The specified path, file name, or both are too long. The fully qualified file name must be less than 260 characters, and the directory name must be less than 248 characters.[/collapse]

...over and over and over and over... again.
    If by some miracle TV Server actually managed to record that episode of The This Old House Hour I suggest you delete it on disk manually and then remove all invalid entries from the recordings database.

mm

dabineri

Portal Pro
    February 16, 2013
    Home Country
    mm, I have taken care of the long file name files that were certainly causing some errors.

I wonder if you can see any other issues in the attached log file as there seem to be other errors occurring too.

Thanks, Dave

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Dave

I wonder if you can see any other issues in the attached log file as there seem to be other errors occurring too.
    Having the log files is a good start... but searching for problems in logs without any other information can be like searching for a needle in a haystack. I am not willing to do that, as it can take hours to find nothing important.

So, if you want my help now and in future please get into the habit of providing more information. In this case:
    • what are these "other errors" (ie. describe the problem; how do you know there is an error)
    • when do the errors occur (date + time)
    • what do you have to do to trigger the error(s)

Providing this information is a standard requirement/expectation when you ask for help here.

Regards,
    mm

David Abineri

Portal Pro
    July 19, 2011
    Home Country
    Sorry to trouble you again but I have 4 questions.

1. I recorded a program yesterday using advanced record with a post record of 45 min. It did not post record.

2. Today I set a recording to begin at 12 noon local time and it did not begin until about 1:30pm. The program is recording now and the log is attached. The system clock is correct and shows correctly on the MP screen.

3. I cannot find reference anywhere to the screen that notifies one of overlapping recordings that are inadvertently being scheduled. Can you point me in the right direction?

4. A technical question. I have a single seat setup using one tuner. Programs are set to start 1 min ahead of time. I have observed that when two consecutive programs are recorded, BOTH seem to record during the overlap period. I am just wondering how this is done with a single tuner or is it really happening.

Many thanks for any insights on these. Dave

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom