Cannot delete TV Recordings after switching drives (1 Viewer)

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Version 1.14 of MP & TV Server.

I moved the Recorded TV folder to a new hard drive in the same computer, changed the Recording Folder in TV Server config. The Database Import tab initially had a problem with the database being corrupted so I ran C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin>mysqlcheck mptvdb --auto-repair -e -u root -p. This appeared to work well and then the recordings imported correctly.

I can play the recordings in MP client but I cannot delete them. It says "Could not delete TV recording". All new recordings since the change can be deleted.

I thought it must be a file permission issue, but I've tried everything including giving "Everyone" full rights and changing ownership of the folder to LOCAL_SERVICE.

I even deleted the ts and xml files within the folder and MP client would still not allow the deletion, so it seems the issue is not related to file permissions but something in the database? I've been able to delete programs in MP client that don't exist in the folder previously.

I checked the TV Server log and nothing there at all regarding the deletion. I set the logging to Debug level and then I received this line 5 times in a row...

[2017-03-18 23:26:46,016] [Log ] [10 ] [DEBUG] - DeleteRecordingOnDisk: 'D:\Videos\Recorded TV\BBC World News - BBC World - 2017-03-09.ts'

What do I need to do to fix this?

Last edited:

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Have you tried this?

Database.JPG

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Yes I did click that button at one stage, but nothing changed.

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I tried another approach. I renamed the folder so the recorded tv files could not be found. Then in TV Server config, selected Remove Invalid Entries, but each file I answered Yes to report an error "Cleanup failed: Unable to remove objects that have not yet been persisted".

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Ok, after doing the above, I think there were records that did delete. I held the Y button down initially before I started seeing the error above. I can now delete the programs in MP. Perhaps there were duplicated entries in the database and the old database items were being viewed. Now it seems the old database items are not being viewed in MP and it's working correctly. I assume there is still something wrong in the database but who cares if it's working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom