Cannot Enter My TV! (1 Viewer)

SelArom

Portal Member
June 11, 2005
McAllen, TX
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-11-24)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.40GHz
Memory: 894 MB
Motherboard: P4R8L (ASUSTeK Computer INC.)
TV Card Model: Hauppauge PVR150
TV Card Type: Hardware
TV Card Driver: Latest from Hauppauge (not beta)
Video Card Model: Radeon 9100 Igp (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: Latest from ATI
Video Card Resolution: 800x600
Video Render Type: Overlay
Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
Audio Card Driver: -
Synopsis::

I just reinstalled the latest RC1 Media Portal, and I also put in the latest CVS. But I cannot get into mytv! I can get into videos, radio, pictures, everything else! but when I click "My TV" Mediaportal completely freezes and I have to CRTL-ALT-DEL and shut it down! I searched to forums for any body else having this problem but didn't find anything, so does anyone have any ideas? Here's the last few lines from the .log:

11/24/2005 3:54:13 PM Total Memory allocated:4.17 MB
11/24/2005 3:54:13 PM goto fullscreen:True
11/24/2005 3:54:13 PM window:MediaPortal.GUI.TV.GUITVHome init
11/24/2005 3:54:13 PM tv home init:2 KTLM
11/24/2005 3:54:13 PM GUITVHome.ViewChannel(): View channel=2 KTLM ts:True
11/24/2005 3:54:13 PM Recorder:confused:tartViewing on:2 KTLM True True

Thanks in advance!!

-SelArom

PS SUPER SPECIAL THANKS TO ZYPHRAX FOR THE EXCELLENT SUPPORT TOOL!!

SelArom

Portal Member
June 11, 2005
McAllen, TX
just a bump to see if anyone has had this problem and how they resolved it. do I need to post more info? Mediaportal does not generate an error log, it just completely freezes when I try to enter TV. I have to kill the application manually and restart MP, but I still can't get in!

thanks
-SelArom

dipje

Portal Member
May 13, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
A few days ago I posted on a topic about the same thing which was already two pages, so there are other posts :). I don't know if it was here or the forums at team-mediaportal.de.

Anyway, some people _can_ get into MyTV, only no picture appears. I had the same problem as you, mediaportal freezes. I fixed it by copying tvcapture.dll and something like interop.tuner.lib.dll from an older (working) CVS snapshot and replaced the files in my mediaportal directory with those. MyTV now works

I believe this problem arose somewhere around the first week of november, so try the latest one from oktober and it should work. Otherwise, go back to 2.0-RC1 or the latest oktober-CVS.

Smirnuff

Portal Pro
December 7, 2004
United Kingdom
dipje please refrain from suggesting that people mix and match assemblies, it has the very real potential to cause major headaches for all concerned - especially the development team.

dipje

Portal Member
May 13, 2005
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
sorry, will do. He asked for something that worked and I read that one somewhere else in the forum.

I'm also back on an older snapshot to keep it complete and working.
I will remember for the next time.

SelArom

Portal Member
June 11, 2005
McAllen, TX
sweeeeeeeet

hi fellas, thanks for all the advice! I uninstalled completely then reinstalled just the bare 0.2.0 RC1 (no cvs) and it works GREAT. I put in the latest cvs right off the bat last time so this is actually the first time I get to try out the new TV interface and I must say

it kicks ASS!!!!!

the developers have done an absolutely INCREDIBLE JOB with this software!! you guys are going to give all the other PVR softwares a run for their money, especially since you're not charging :)

I am amazed (but not surprised!) the quality of a product that is designed with USERS in mind rather than PROFITS... however is there a way to donate money to the devs for their work? I would like to donate time by coding but I'm just not that strong with C# and directx :(

-SelArom

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom