Cannot import The Hound of the Baskervilles (177671) (1 Viewer)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    Thanks so much for your help, sadly it returned no results
    It has not added any Russian name. Before I could add myself. Now I can not :(

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @lisag
    Try fill custom search name with: Baskervilles and press search:
    XML:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>
    <Data>
    <Series>
    <seriesid>177671</seriesid>
    <language>en</language>
    <SeriesName>The Hound of the Baskervilles</SeriesName>
    <banner>graphical/177671-g.jpg</banner>
    <Overview>A four-part Sunday Classic Serial made soon after Tom Baker left Doctor Who and produced by ex-Who producer Barry Letts. Typical of the slot, it was a very literary adaptation, with most of the dialogue being taken word-for-word from the novel.</Overview>
    <FirstAired>1982-10-03</FirstAired>
    <Network>BBC One</Network>
    <IMDB_ID>tt0174399</IMDB_ID>
    <id>177671</id>
    </Series>
    <Series>
    <seriesid>77728</seriesid>
    <language>en</language>
    <SeriesName>Sherlock Holmes (1984)</SeriesName>
    <AliasNames>The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes|The Case-Book of Sherlock Holmes|The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes|The Hound of the Baskervilles|The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes|The Return of Sherlock Holmes|The Sign of Four</AliasNames>
    <banner>graphical/77728-g.jpg</banner>
    <Overview>This series (made by Granada between 1984 and 1994) featuring the late Jeremy Brett as the eponymous detective includes The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes, The Return of Sherlock Holmes, The Casebook of Sherlock Holmes, The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes, The Sign of Four, and The Hound of the Baskervilles. Granada Television had set themselves the task of filming every one of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes stories. A number of the mysteries were still waiting to be filmed at Jeremy Brett's death in 1995, but Granada decided not to continue without him.</Overview>
    <FirstAired>1984-04-24</FirstAired>
    <Network>ITV1</Network>
    <IMDB_ID>tt0086661</IMDB_ID>
    <id>77728</id>
    </Series>
    </Data>

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi, thanks for this, I have tried it three or four times now and get the same result. It will do the match under a custom search of Baskervilles, but when it imports, it imports it to Sherlock Holmes, and I only have the option to delete from disk to remove it. (I have kept a back up of the mkv's so I can put back).

I attach some screengrabs and logs which hopefully helps to explain what happens!

Capture 2.PNG Capture.PNG

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    @lisag
    Select the series (Sherlock ...) in the tree on the right, mouse right click, remove from the database and try to make the re-importation.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    @lisag
    Select the series (Sherlock ...) in the tree on the right, mouse right click, remove from the database and try to make the re-importation.

I am really reluctant to do that as that whole series is in ripped DVD format, and each episode has to be manually mapped to correct VIDEO_TS file.
    It was quite an undertaking to get it right! :unsure:

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    I have an update on this, I set up a test machine / database, and using the manual search on 'Baskervilles' I can get the series imported okay into an empty database. There must be something wrong with my database that already contains Sherlock Holmes that is resulting in it adding it to that existing series rather than creating a new one.

So, now I know how to fix it.

Thanks very much for everyone that helped (y)

ajs

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 29, 2008
    Kyiv
    Home Country
    Ukraine Ukraine
    There must be something wrong with my database that already contains Sherlock Holmes that is resulting in it adding it to that existing series rather than creating a new one.
    Simply remove the series about Sherlock from your database, or in the GUI is an option, forced conformity online. And there to search and choose the one that is necessary.

LJG

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 3, 2012
    Home Country
    There must be something wrong with my database that already contains Sherlock Holmes that is resulting in it adding it to that existing series rather than creating a new one.
    Simply remove the series about Sherlock from your database, or in the GUI is an option, forced conformity online. And there to search and choose the one that is necessary.
    Thanks, I had been avoiding that as all of the Sherlock Holmes 1984 series episodes were in ripped DVD format (Video_TS files and folders) and needed to be manually mapped. However, I have been busy re-encoding them to individual episodes (make mkv) so it's now much easier to automate the import.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom