Cannot open Mediaportal TV Server config (1 Viewer)

nightshadow36

Portal Member
January 1, 1970
Hi I am not sure if I should be posting here because I have server 2008 r2 but I have been reading for hours to try and get mediaportal tv config running and I am not sure if it is anything to do with the windows server.

I have installed MediaPortal server and anytime i click on the server icon on the desktop nothing happens its as if it is not even trying to load.
I installed the BDA drivers still the same.
I have noticed if I stop mysql in services I get a pop up asking if I want to stop the TVService, if I click yes the MediaPortal TV Server config box comes up, I click Tv servers and get an error TVService not started, sooooo
I go back to services and start the TVService then under TV SERVERS I get the name of my server (Type master)
(RTSP Port 554) i click ok then the server box goes and I cannot do anything with it. I am back to the beginning where it will not open.

Anyone got a clue It`s driving me nuts
Just want to get something working

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello :)

I am not sure if I should be posting here because I have server 2008 r2...
    Yeah, technically we don't provide support. However that doesn't mean you can't ask. :)

I have installed MediaPortal server and anytime i click on the server icon on the desktop nothing happens its as if it is not even trying to load.
    I have noticed if I stop mysql in services I get a pop up asking if I want to stop the TVService, if I click yes the MediaPortal TV Server config box comes up, I click Tv servers and get an error TVService not started, sooooo
    To me this sounds like the TV service is never actually starting properly, and that could be because BDA is not properly installed.

Although you've given quite a full description, unfortunately this information really isn't sufficient for me to tell you what is wrong. I need log files.
    Please zip and post the log files from:
    c:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\log

Note that is ProgramData not Program Files. That's a hidden folder by default, so copy and paste that path into the address bar in Windows Explorer to get to the correct location.

mm
    :)

mantec

Portal Member
    January 25, 2008
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hi I am not sure if I should be posting here because I have server 2008 r2 but I have been reading for hours to try and get mediaportal tv config running and I am not sure if it is anything to do with the windows server.

I go back to services and start the TVService then under TV SERVERS I get the name of my server (Type master)
    (RTSP Port 554) i click ok then the server box goes and I cannot do anything with it. I am back to the beginning where it will not open.

Just want to get something working

Here's a link to an old post that may help, don't know if its still valid for the latest Mediaportal versions or not. https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ediaportal-on-windows-2008-r2-x64-only.81774/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom