cannot play any video or tv after new install (1 Viewer)

wijnand

Portal Pro
December 14, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi guy's,
After the summer holiday I did a fresh new install of w7 and MP 1.3 alpha on both server and client computer. On the server side everything looks ok, I can tune my tv channels and preview them. On the client side everything is standard, no funky plugins etc. I can enter my dvd collection over the network from the server and I can also enter and view the tv guide. Everything looks ok. But when I try to play one of my ISO's or video (video_ts folders) files or live tv, MP gives the following in Dutch:
Afspelen niet mogelijk: video_ts.ifo (means not able to play)
Videocodec: MPEG video version 2
Audio codec: ac-3

For TV:
Afspelen niet mogelijk: stream3.0 (means not able to play)

This is all so strange. Before the holiday, all media worked. I just want to do a clean upgrade from 1.2.3 to 1.3. It worked for years perfect.
As said, I can perfectly connect to the server, also via explorer on the client. I also disabled IPv6 on server and client. They have fixed IP's. I also installed the standard LAV filters, via the installer during the install of MP.
I attach the logs.
Anyone any ideas?

Wijnand

Holzi

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 21, 2010
    Ba-Wü
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    There seems a problem that TSReader.ax was not registered correctly.
    Could you try to uninstall and re-install again?

If you wanna keep your settings just go to:
    C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp\MediaPortal Installation\deploy

where 'yourusername' is ........

There you will find:
    package-mediaportal.exe
    package-tvengine.exe

Just run these two installer again (package-mediaportal.exe first and stop tvservice.exe before you run package-tvengine.exe).
    Hopefully this helps!

wijnand

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Hi Holzi,
    Thanks for your quick reply. Unfortunately my path under C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Temp looks a bit different. In this temp dir. I see no Mediaportal Installation folder. Can you sent me the two files or a copy of this complete folder?

wijnand

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Holzi, in the meantime I got the files from a third machine.. Should I perform this action on the client or the server? I tried both, but no luck so far...
    I ran the package-mediaportal.exe on the client and package-tvengine.exe on the server.
    What else can I do?

wijnand

Portal Pro
    December 14, 2007
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Success today after (again) a new W7 install and MP 1.2.3 on the client. Everything smooth now. Server is running 1.3 alpha
    Can play everything again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom