Cannot remove virtual tuners (1 Viewer)

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
November 20, 2015
Home Country
Australia Australia
Hi there I really hate that my 2nd post is a request for help but here I go. After doing a Windows system restore to fix a Windows problem I couldn't connect to MySQL, managed to fix this don't know how just many reinstalls and manual removals of reg keys, firewall rules, and folders in between.

But now when I go into tv servers I can't remove the virtual tuners installed by MP, not a big issue you might think just disable them. Done that and they don't show up under my sever name (good). But when I go to configure the tuners I do want to use they are still showing I recording and timeshifting menus. Is this standard behaviour.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

But now when I go into tv servers I can't remove the virtual tuners installed by MP, not a big issue you might think just disable them. Done that and they don't show up under my sever name (good).
    Yes, you can:
    1. Set "number of IPTV cards" to 0.
    2. Select and click "remove" for all [previous] "MediaPortal IPTV Source Filter" virtual tuners.
    3. Disable the "RadioWebStream" tuner if you're not going to use it. It can't be removed.

But when I go to configure the tuners I do want to use they are still showing I recording and timeshifting menus. Is this standard behaviour.
    To directly answer your question: yes, it is standard and normal behaviour.

If you follow the instructions above then the only virtual tuner that should show in the timeshifting and recording menus is the radio web stream one.

Note that in general there's no harm in leaving the virtual tuners enabled even if you aren't going to use them. It won't make a difference to channel change times or anything else.

Regards,
    mm

Timberwolf99

Portal Pro
    November 20, 2015
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Thank you for the reply, I have done a number of installs on this test rig and wasn't sure if they were there when I set up the recording folders before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom