cannot run 1.01 (1 Viewer)

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
As per my post here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/.../mediaportal-1-0-1-release-57507/index12.html Ive had another go and repeated the problem. This time Im using mysql rather than ms so its not that...

When I update to 1.01 over 1.0 the update runs swimmingly except that it puts all the vredist 2008 files in my e drive root directory.. this is livable if not a bit annoying... however when I run MP proper after the update it throws a 'this program has encountered a problem and will be shut down' . I deleted all the logs and repeated this. TVserver config runs ok. But, and Im hoping this is a clue, when I run mp config I get a weird message and I cant copy this so Im typing it by hand "Failed to locate assembly 'Microsoft.Directx.Direct3D, version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, public key token=31bf3856ad364e35". Note that the configuration program must be executed from /reside in the mediaportal folder, the execution will now end.'

I have attached all log files, the last time it did this was 4pm on the logs but can see anything suspicious. My directx is up to date by the way. Am running xp sp3.

If you need/want any more info please feel free to ask, otherwise Ill keep running 1.0 =(
Cheers,
Matt

takingover

Portal Pro
April 10, 2006
UK
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I am also having the same problem, not sure how to fix it. Would be good if anyone had some ideas.

Thanks
Jay :confused:

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Wow I'd given up on that post, have stayed running 1.0. Gonna wait till 1.02 and cross my fingers then...

Moonracer

Portal Member
December 28, 2008
SC
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I've just installed a different version of DirectX and it seems to have fixed the problem.

Directx Version:
Download details: DirectX Redist (March 2009)

Hope this helps
Jay

Thanks for the link, installing the DX you provided solved my issue as well. I upgraded from 1.0.0 to 1.0.2.

I thought something got corrupted so I did a fresh install of 1.0.2 and got the same error. Install DX and now it's working. I just wished I had found this thread before installing fresh and having to setup everything again.

Live and learn.

Cheers,
mr

littlematt

Portal Pro
October 1, 2006
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Yep fixed my probs too now running 1.02 thanks! Had issues with WGA now resolved got the update all good!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom