Cannot select network drive in win8 (1 Viewer)

OleDK

Portal Pro
February 1, 2006
Denmark
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
I have recently upgraded from xp to win8, and after this upgrade I cannot select the drives I have on my Network storage drives. I have attached a screendump, with the result from file Explorer to the right where you see drive letters for the Network drives, and the Moving Picture dialog to the left where the "OK"-button is grayed out when I select the directory. This seem to be different as it has no drive letter attached, but are name PVconnect.

Also attached the log from mediaportal.

Attachments

• Media sources.jpg
    Media sources.jpg
    328.4 KB

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    I had the same issue myself, and it is a problem with Windows API; supposedly fixed in 8.1 so be patient for 3 more days and install the update. The way I fixed it was to copy and paste the \\Server-Name\Path from Windows Explorer into MovPic config dialog and it worked.

OleDK

Portal Pro
    February 1, 2006
    Denmark
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    I found a solution in an other threat. It had to do with mixed rights between user and adminstrator. Fix was a regedit.

davidpmays

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 10, 2010
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I found a solution in an other threat. It had to do with mixed rights between user and adminstrator. Fix was a regedit.

It would have been nice if you posted how to find the fix or how to fix the problem. To say you "fixed it" from another thread and not yield a link is .... well it is aggravating to others. I would appreciate the information. Thanks

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Yes please post the link to the fix here i have issue to.. im on win 8.1 already than that has not solved any issues :/

BrownGhost

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 15, 2008
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Here is the fix for all the network problems in win 8.1 maybe win 8 also
    Disable UAC "user account control"
    I did first under control panel, users accounts, user account control, took the slider all the way down

Then i did the registry FIX, rebooted, all working now :)

"
    The registry setting is the only thing that completely turns off UAC now:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System

Key: EnableLUA

Value data: 0
    "

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom