[solved] Cannot skip when programme info is visible (2 Viewers)

Gazlad

Portal Member
March 19, 2018
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi,
I have recently made the move from MP1 to MP2. I am unable to use any skip steps while the programme info is present when watching full screen TV. I have to wait for this to disappear from screen before I can begin skipping through the content.

I generally use an air mouse to navigate and I think this is exacerbating the issue. Even a minor mouse movement causes the channel info to pop up.

This was possible in MP1 and I didn't have any issues. I've tried checking settings but cannot find anything that would help. I've skimmed the forum but can't see it mentioned anywhere which I'm surprised at cus it's a real PITA for me.

I'm not totally sure whether this really needs to be raised as a feature request or if i'm just missing something in settings?

Any advice is appreciated!

Sent from my STF-L09 using Tapatalk

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    I have recently made the move from MP1 to MP2. I am unable to use any skip steps while the programme info is present when watching full screen TV. I have to wait for this to disappear from screen before I can begin skipping through the content.
    I'm currently looking into this. See here.
    Are you saying that you can skip when the info screen (OSD) is not visible? How? Which MP2 version are you using? 2.1.3?

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I understand his situation different. He can not skip while the OSD is visible and this is normal I think, because the right and left keys are also used for navigation within the OSD. Why don’t you just close the OSD?

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    He can not skip while the OSD is visible and this is normal I think, because the right and left keys are also used for navigation within the OSD.
    for skipping navigation buttons are not used. Skipping should be possible using the next/perv buttons.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    for skipping navigation buttons are not used. Skipping should be possible using the next/perv buttons.
    Check Wiki. Question is, what he actually pressed.
    There are InstantSkipForward, StepSkipForward and Next. Actually only Next should work, but he talked about skipping.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    sorry, I expressed myself wrong. Yes, nav buttons are for instant skips, those defined in "player skip steps" settings. And they are only working in full screen.

If he's coming from MP1, then I think he means next and prev buttons and they are really not working for skipping through chapters, regardless OSD enabled or disabled.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    If he's coming from MP1, then I think he means next and prev buttons and they are really not working for skipping through chapters, regardless OSD enabled or disabled.
    Yes, probably he means that. Then I also wonder why they do not work.

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Then I also wonder why they do not work.

I think I found the reason. They are actually working, but not for skipping through chapters inside a video. Next/prev skips to the next video inside a playlist.
    1. play a video,
    2. go back and start another video,
    3. in play item dialog choose enqueue video/image item,
    4. switch to full screen and press next. The second video will be played.

ge2301

Lead Design MP2
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 11, 2014
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think I found the reason. They are actually working, but not for skipping through chapters inside a video. Next/prev skips to the next video inside a playlist.
    1. play a video,
    2. go back and start another video,
    3. in play item dialog choose enqueue video/image item,
    4. switch to full screen and press next. The second video will be played.
    This explains, why they are called "previous/next" and not "skip" in Wiki :) In case of playlists it makes also sense, because it would be really inconvenient, to skip through all chapters until you reach the next media item. But for movies it's a bit odd, as you watch mostly not several in a row. Do you know how MP1 skips to the next media item then? I'll give a try with Kodi. I think MP2 should follow the general convention and I'm not sure yet how it would look like ;)

aspik

Retired Team Member
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 14, 2008
    Do you know how MP1 skips to the next media item then?
    AFAIK there is no "skip to next media item" because there is nothing like playlists. I can be wrong, because I never needed something like skip to the next video.

IMHO: next/prev should always skip through chapters (if there are any), even if its inside a playlist. Playlists are rarely used in case of videos. But I'm getting here in dangerous areas (again!)...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom