cannot start MePo Client, Main: MediaPortal is already running (1 Viewer)

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    When I try to start MePo 1.5 Client I get the following error message and the Client does not start. Main: MediaPortal is already running. I've seen this 2 other times but just rebooted to get system running again due to time constraints. Problem happened again this morning and captured log files. System is Win7-64, desktop, ran MePo 1.3.0 without problems. With MePo 1.5.0 the only plugins I'm using is TVSeries and Trakt.

The attached zip file has 3 folders with MePo client log files.

logs_Oct30_1004pm
    Did start/stop of MePo multiple times, no problems. Last used MePo at 1004pm all Client log files ended at 1004 pm. In all cases I exit MePo client using mouse to press the TopBar "X". All scheduled recordings were done as expected, no obvious problems.

logs_Oct31_0900am
    started MePo client at about 0817am, tweaked some scheduled recordings to add 1 minute of pre/post store to the recordings, exited MePo using mouse to press the TopBar "X around 8:24. At 0900am or so went to start MePo client but noticed MePo client log files timestamps were strange, MP-TVSeries.log time = 0900am but MediaPortal.log time = 08:25am. Saved client log files in 0900am folder. Why is MP-TVSeries still running after MePo client exited at 0825am??

logs_Oct31_0930am
    Tried to start MePo client at 0907am and get the Main: MediaPortal is already running error, MePo client will not start.

For the 0825am exit of MePo client, the last few MediaPortal.log messages are the following, suspect the PowerSheduler++ client side exit did not complete and return. In the other Client exits there is more shutdown activity after this step.

Code:
    [2013-10-31 08:25:21,987] [Log    ] [MPMain  ] [DEBUG] - PlugInManager: Stop()
    [2013-10-31 08:25:21,987] [Log    ] [MPMain  ] [DEBUG] - PluginManager: Stopping plugin 'MediaPortal.Plugins.Process.PowerSchedulerClientPlugin'
    [2013-10-31 08:25:21,987] [Log    ] [MPMain  ] [INFO ] - PS: Stopping PowerScheduler client plugin...
    [2013-10-31 08:25:22,003] [Log    ] [MPMain  ] [DEBUG] - PS: Unregister handlers with tvservice with tag 6

The zip file also has TV server side logs, the last TV server activity is at 0915am nothing else has happened after that time, last checked at 1045am suspect TV Server is now hung.

System is still in the "stuck state", is there any other debug information that would help find the problem? A way to see what MePo threads are still running/hung? I can leave the system in this state for the next few hours if needed. Otherwise I'll reboot.

Attachments

• MePo_Hang_Oct31.zip
      1.1 MB

RonD

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • December 20, 2011
    SillyValley CA
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Another comment, went to my living room laptop MePo client system. I can use normal windows network file access to look at files on MePo TV Server. Started MePo client on laptop, can see TV Guide and watch Live TV so MePo TV Server is still running.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom