Can't access videos on one of my movie HDD from MePo (FIXED - CODEC ISSUE) (1 Viewer)

Bleazle

Portal Pro
July 14, 2007
Pukekohe
Home Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Hi All

I have my movies on 2 HDD's. When I do an import into MovingPics all movies on both HDD's are imported but when I try to play them in MediaPortal only the movies on one of the HDD's will play :mad: I have deleted the database file and rescanned (using the latest version of MPics) but the same thing happens :cry:

I have checked the properties of both HDD's in W$ Explorer (W7) and they are identical :confused: If I access the movies from Explorer they play without any problems.... :cautious:

Are there any logs I should post?

Cheers

Bleazle (y)

Last edited:

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes on log files.

Enable debug verbosity on log files in MediaPortal config. Then recreate the problem, such as trying to play one of those movies that does not play and provide *ALL* the log files in a zip file.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Thanks. Please find logs attached. I deleted the old logs, ran MePo, opened Transformers Revenge of the Fallen (on "H" Drive which plays movies without any problems) then tried playing Transformers on "L" Drive - it wouldn't play (none of the movies on that drive will) so I hit stop (not that there was anything to stop), closed MP and zipped the logs up....

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Yes, funny how you complain about MovingPictures issue, but there is no movingpictures.log file in your zip file. There is not even a mediaportal.log file, so you did not recreate the issue from GUI.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Update: Long story short it looks like this was a codec issue and maybe I was just lucky that the files I was playing from the H drive didn't have the problem. After re-producing the problem again I decided to use MediaInfo to look at 2 AVI files, one that would play on the H drive and one that wouldn't from the L Drive. The difference was that the movie on the L drive was DIVX 5 so I installed the DIVX codecs and now everything seems to work (I have only tried 5 movies which I couldn't play before but they all worked) So that's great :) but I'm surprised I had this problem because I have LAV installed :cautious: Anyway the kids are happy now so that's good :D

Thanks for the pointers guys, it helped me with working through things (I looked at the log files and didn't see anything that was glaring especially since MovingPics never created an error log..)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom