Can't add external channels. (1 Viewer)

siodine

Portal Member
March 20, 2008
I'm using the latest release candidate and TV3, my tuner is an avermedia M780. When I go to TV Server configuration->TV Channels and click add I don't see any external tickbox or option, so I tried adding Analog channels and then it says "Channel not mapped to a card."

Thanks for any help.

emphyrio

Portal Pro
October 28, 2007
Utrecht
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
how it's done

The 'external' setting is no longer necessary. Just:
  • open TV Server configuration
  • go to TV Channels
  • Add the channel, enter a name
  • On the second tab 'Analog' enter the right channel number to be blasted (this is the channel number for your SetTopBox)
  • Also select the proper 'Source' (for me, it's SVHS1 because that's what my STB is connected to).
  • Save the new channel.
  • Now go to TV Mappings and add your new channel to your tv card.
  • That's it. Make sure you enable the TV3 Blaster Plugin in the Plugins section.

Hope that gets you underway.

siodine

Portal Member
March 20, 2008
Thanks, this worked except with channels with 1-2 digits. If the channel is under 100, it changes the tuner's channel and the STB channel. Does anyone know how to fix this?

emphyrio

Portal Pro
October 28, 2007
Utrecht
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Wow that's a nice way to explain :)
I think your situation is a little different from mine. I use a Hauppauge 150 tv card. The STB Scart output is connected to the SVHS input on the tv card. When adding a channel, I select ' SVHS1' for Source.

So it looks like this:
screen_addchannel.jpg

Maybe you should check your 'Source' setting?

siodine

Portal Member
March 20, 2008
My STB is connected to my avermedia m780 tuner card through the composite input. I tried all the various sources, including SVHS, and the only one that works is "Tuner". I also tried "Cable" and "Antenna" for the input type and several other countries as well.

Here's all the combinations I've tried:

Edit: I just thought about this, what I think might actually be happening is that any channel over 100 is assumed to be encrypted, while channels under 100 are unencrypted. Is there anyway to flag a channel as encrypted like in TV2?

Edit2: I was able to make channels encrypted by exporting them, editing the .xml file and setting the FreeToAir flag to false, then importing them back. This didn't work either :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom