Cant Autotune TV with Fusion HDTV5... (1 Viewer)

gmanning

Portal Member
August 22, 2005
Phoenix, AZ
Re: QAM detection....

critifer said:
Guys,

Some of this has to do with the QAM detection of the channels that the DVICO app is doing vs OTA/ATSC channel scanning. The DVICO app is pulling in QAM unencrypted dig-channels and ATSC-HD channels (non-OTA) as well. We will look at this later in MP but focus now on straight OTA HD and let us know if u get those working.
The DVICO is actually quite good - I am testing this card as well with the DEV team so know what you are referring to.

Any changes here will be a good 30 days+ until Frodo gets back but please try BDA drivers with basic OTA/HD scanning and let us know if those tune in MP.

Thx
Critifer

I suspect many people, like me, have bought or are thinking about buying, a Dvico card mainly because of the QAM feature. I don't have any OTA, and an indoor antenna for testing is not an option due to my location. To add OTA for me would require a moderate roof mounted antenna and some tedious cable running. No small task and some expense to get the same HD channels (and fewer analog) that I get off cable.

I would not be surprised if there are others in a similar situation. I am not trying to discount the importance of OTA support, but QAM should be up on the list as well, as that feature is what sets the Dvico cards apart from the others.

Gary

dman_lfc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 28, 2004
    UK
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Gary,

The problem is lack of support documentation for QAM (if at all) with the ATSC Network Provider in the OS.
    Also it does not help that the core developer (Frodo) is in Europe where ATSC is non existent.
    Bear with us as Critifer will have Frodo's ear when he has time after Mantis is clear of bugs :)

DMAN

gmanning

Portal Member
    August 22, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    dman_lfc said:
    Gary,

The problem is lack of support documentation for QAM (if at all) with the ATSC Network Provider in the OS.
    Also it does not help that the core developer (Frodo) is in Europe where ATSC is non existent.
    Bear with us as Critifer will have Frodo's ear when he has time after Mantis is clear of bugs :)

DMAN

Dvico themselves have had major issues getting QAM working, and still have problems. Strangely, my Sony TV has no problem at all. I wonder where they got their documentation?

Is there anything we in the US can do to assist? I personally can't see being much more than a tester, but if that would be helpful, I'll do what I can.

Gary

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom