Can't Change Channels Folowing Restart (1 Viewer)

mroc

Portal Member
April 7, 2013
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I'm using a TiVo as a STB along with a Colossus. They have worked fine together for some time. I recently had to reinstall Win 8.1 along with all of my other programs and now cannot get the channel to change in MP. I have set TV3 Blaster to change the TiVo's channels via TCP using PacketSender to issue the commands (I was unable to get the internal TV3 Blaster TCP utility to work). It changes channels fine in configuration's test. It also changes channels perfectly if I start MP, turn on TV, and issue the commands manually using PacketSender. I've looked through all of the posts I could find about not being able to change channels and none of the solutions worked. I have restarted the service and rebooted the PC many times. When looking at the logs, it seems to be running PacketSender, but there are no signs that it is actually doing that. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mroc

Portal Member
April 7, 2013
Home Country
No help huh? C'mon guys, I've spent a hours upon hours trying to figure this out. I know most of you guys are smarter than me.

mroc

Portal Member
April 7, 2013
Home Country
Here's the solution that worked for me. Look at this quote from And-81:

Hey again,

It doesn't matter that event.exe is part of girder, it's a separate executable. and it's being run by the "System" user.

When you are in the configuration app you are running in your user account, not the system user account. This is the difference between the configuration app and the TV service. It could be that whatever method of Inter-Process Communication the Event.exe uses is not accessible by a "System" account process due to the lower privileges that the System process has. This has been my experience with Named Pipes IPC for example, as this is something I am working with at the moment on a new set of plugins and apps.

I can't say for sure that this is the cause of your problems, but it makes sense.

Try this:

Go to Start Menu, Run ...
Type "services.msc" and click ok.
Locate the TV Service in the list and right-click it, select Properties.
Under the "Log In" tab try the following (one at a time):

1. Try selecting "Allow service to interact with desktop".

If that doesn't work try:

2. Try selecting "This account" (radio button) and then enter your user account details and having the service run under your account.

You may need to reboot on each of these attempts to ensure the change has taken effect.

Give that a go.

Thanks,

Here is the link: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/tv3-external-channel-changer.20876/page-3

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom