can't connect to server on single seat set up (1 Viewer)

vic mackie

Portal Member
June 1, 2017
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, recently installed MP2 on my laptop. Have been running MP1 on a different computer for a while. I installed and set up my media sources, then went back the next day and it was empty. After a lot of searching, it just appears that its not connecting to the server. Service monitor shows disconnected, and I've searched the forums and wiki and I cannot find how to connect to the server. Am I missing something? I'm not running TV or anything, strictly movie and series. It seems like I'm missing something easy...

vic mackie

Portal Member
June 1, 2017
Home Country
I posted the logs, but it appears to be related to being signed into my VPN. I must have installed with my VPN on, so now if I'm not connected to my VPN, I cant connect to the server. It seems strange though since my VPN rarely connects to the same IP, and is on the same computer as the client. I tried to uninstall and reinstall with my VPN not connected, but it appears the server info stayed the same... any suggestions?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    it appears to be related to being signed into my VPN. I must have installed with my VPN on, so now if I'm not connected to my VPN, I cant connect to the server.
    No big surprise. The client has been attached to the server under a certain name and IP address. You can detach the client in the settings and then reattach it to the "new" server.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall with my VPN not connected, but it appears the server info stayed the same
    Uninstall/Install is not removing the settings parts and database information. So reinstalling will just get you where you left from. Instead you could just stop the server service, then delete/rename the ProgramData part and relaunch the server service.

vic mackie

Portal Member
    June 1, 2017
    Home Country
    After detaching, it shows no server available. Where would I delete/rename the ProgramData part of the server service?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    After detaching, it shows no server available.
    Mmh, did you verify if the MP2 Server Service is actually running?

Where would I delete/rename the ProgramData part of the server service?
    Information about the different directories can be found in the Wiki. The data directories are all stored at C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal. Renaming or deleting this directory puts you at start.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom