[solved] Can't connect to TVServer database (1 Viewer)

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    Today I unplug my TVServer for cleanup routine and when I plug it back, I'm not able to connect to my TVserver since.

Can someone help me ?

thanks for your time !

Here's my error :

Code:
    [2015-02-22 16:43:00,685] [Log    ] [4        ] [ERROR] - Exception   :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Remoting configuration failed with the exception 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
       at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
       at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ExclusiveTcpListener.Start(Boolean exclusiveAddressUse)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.StartListening(Object data)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.SetupChannel()
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider sinkProvider, IAuthorizeRemotingConnection authorizeCallback)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider sinkProvider)
       --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
       at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
       at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
       at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
       at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.CreateChannelFromConfigEntry(ChannelEntry entry)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureChannels(RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData, Boolean ensureSecurity)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData, Boolean ensureSecurity)'.
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData, Boolean ensureSecurity)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.DoConfiguration(String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity)
       at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure(String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity)
       at TvService.TvServiceThread..ctor()

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    thanks but it if I delete gentle.config from TVserver, I cannot start TVService anymore

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    doesn't change anything :( Fresh MP install did not solve problem either :(

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    What version are you running?
    You posted in MP1
    Gentle file shows
    <DefaultProvider name="SQLite" connectionString="Data Source=C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE_3.s3db;Pooling=true;FailIfMissing=true;Version=3" />

Yet your log shows
    Main: MediaPortal v1.10.100

And you decided to change the location of the configuration file....
    Using alternate configuration file: Z:\Temp\MPTemp\MediaPortalTemp.xml

If you do an Uninstall, make sure to tell it to Clean Up all files and directories.
    Make sure all the Team MediaPortal folders are deleted
    Reboot and then do a clean install.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    If you do an Uninstall, make sure to tell it to Clean Up all files and directories.
    Make sure all the Team MediaPortal folders are deleted
    Reboot and then do a clean install.

Thanks breese, that did the trick. Everything is fine now, but it's a weird issue. I would prefer to correct it instead of uninstal/reinstall.

problem solved, thanks to both of you. I think the problem appear after installing the last MP2 weekly build.

breese

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 11, 2011
    Arlington Heights, Illinois
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Country flag
    Ok.... 2 things you need to be aware of.
    1-Doing an uninstall of MP1 while MP2 is still on the machine can leave it in a bad state.
    2-Doing a custom location for the config can throw things into a spin if there has been an update that does not know about the custom and does not update it.

Your logs showed they could see the custom file but complained about a line within it.

kilik360

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 3, 2010
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Country flag
    2-Doing a custom location for the config can throw things into a spin if there has been an update that does not know about the custom and does not update it.
    The only custom location I did was changing the default C:/TEMP folder of windows to Z:/TEMP to avoid writings on my SSD.

Users who are viewing this thread