[solved] - Can't connect to TVServer database

Discussion in 'General Support' started by kilik360, February 22, 2015.

1. kilik360
    • Premium Supporter

kilik360 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +231 / 2
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Today I unplug my TVServer for cleanup routine and when I plug it back, I'm not able to connect to my TVserver since.

Can someone help me ?

thanks for your time !

Here's my error :

Code (Text):
    1. [2015-02-22 16:43:00,685] [Log    ] [4        ] [ERROR] - Exception   :System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingException: Remoting configuration failed with the exception 'System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: Only one usage of each socket address (protocol/network address/port) is normally permitted
    2.    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.DoBind(EndPoint endPointSnapshot, SocketAddress socketAddress)
    3.    at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Bind(EndPoint localEP)
    4.    at System.Net.Sockets.TcpListener.Start(Int32 backlog)
    5.    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.ExclusiveTcpListener.Start(Boolean exclusiveAddressUse)
    6.    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.StartListening(Object data)
    7.    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel.SetupChannel()
    8.    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider sinkProvider, IAuthorizeRemotingConnection authorizeCallback)
    9.    at System.Runtime.Remoting.Channels.Tcp.TcpServerChannel..ctor(IDictionary properties, IServerChannelSinkProvider sinkProvider)
    10.    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    11.    at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
    12.    at System.Reflection.RuntimeConstructorInfo.Invoke(BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
    13.    at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)
    14.    at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes)
    15.    at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.CreateChannelFromConfigEntry(ChannelEntry entry)
    16.    at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureChannels(RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData, Boolean ensureSecurity)
    17.    at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData, Boolean ensureSecurity)'.
    18.    at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.ConfigureRemoting(RemotingXmlConfigFileData configData, Boolean ensureSecurity)
    19.    at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfigHandler.DoConfiguration(String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity)
    20.    at System.Runtime.Remoting.RemotingConfiguration.Configure(String filename, Boolean ensureSecurity)
    21.    at TvService.TvServiceThread..ctor()

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. regeszter
    • Team MediaPortal

regeszter Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,152 / 18
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    Hi,

please delete your gentle.config file and try again.

4. kilik360
    • Premium Supporter

kilik360 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +231 / 2
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    thanks but it if I delete gentle.config from TVserver, I cannot start TVService anymore

5. regeszter
    • Team MediaPortal

regeszter Retired Team Member

Ratings:
    +5,152 / 18
    Home Country:
    Hungary Hungary
    From client folder.

6. kilik360
    • Premium Supporter

kilik360 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +231 / 2
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    doesn't change anything :( Fresh MP install did not solve problem either :(

7. breese
    • Team MediaPortal

breese Retired Team Member

Sr. Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +768 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    What version are you running?
    You posted in MP1
    Gentle file shows
    <DefaultProvider name="SQLite" connectionString="Data Source=C:\ProgramData\Team MediaPortal\MP2-Server\Database\MP2TVE_3.s3db;Pooling=true;FailIfMissing=true;Version=3" />

Yet your log shows
    Main: MediaPortal v1.10.100

And you decided to change the location of the configuration file....
    Using alternate configuration file: Z:\Temp\MPTemp\MediaPortalTemp.xml

If you do an Uninstall, make sure to tell it to Clean Up all files and directories.
    Make sure all the Team MediaPortal folders are deleted
    Reboot and then do a clean install.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. kilik360
    • Premium Supporter

kilik360 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +231 / 2
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    Thanks breese, that did the trick. Everything is fine now, but it's a weird issue. I would prefer to correct it instead of uninstal/reinstall.

problem solved, thanks to both of you. I think the problem appear after installing the last MP2 weekly build.

9. breese
    • Team MediaPortal

breese Retired Team Member

Sr. Systems Engineer
    Ratings:
    +768 / 0
    Home Country:
    United States of America United States of America
    Show System Specs
    Ok.... 2 things you need to be aware of.
    1-Doing an uninstall of MP1 while MP2 is still on the machine can leave it in a bad state.
    2-Doing a custom location for the config can throw things into a spin if there has been an update that does not know about the custom and does not update it.

Your logs showed they could see the custom file but complained about a line within it.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. kilik360
    • Premium Supporter

kilik360 MP Donator

Ratings:
    +231 / 2
    Home Country:
    Canada Canada
    Show System Specs
    The only custom location I did was changing the default C:/TEMP folder of windows to Z:/TEMP to avoid writings on my SSD.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!