Can't delete recordings from out MyTV (1 Viewer)

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Why do we have a cleanup button? Why is it not cleaned up automaticly? At least the non existing files.

Ehhh, what happens if the hdd it's not availible & TV Service runs, it will delete all refrences to those & you will then moan about a bug all over the forum ;)

Regards
    Roy

Swede

Portal Pro
    September 6, 2006
    West Coast Archipelago
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Why do we have a cleanup button? Why is it not cleaned up automaticly? At least the non existing files.

Ehhh, what happens if the hdd it's not availible & TV Service runs, it will delete all refrences to those & you will then moan about a bug all over the forum ;)

Regards
    Roy

Well, then it could have as a rule to delete, only if the Recordings-folder is found.

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain

Regards
    Roy

Well, then it could have as a rule to delete, only if the Recordings-folder is found.

that was what i was going to suggest.

i sometimes delete recordings from windows explorer (something that any user can do eventually)

then when going to recordings, you get the recording entries but when you play it, does nothing.

as Roy said, i think it should check whether the location where it should be is available, and if it is, but the file is not there, then delete the recording.

i know this is delicate as it must be done carefully to not start getting recordings deleted by mistake, but its something to think about.

Gixxer.

Bleazle

Portal Pro
    July 14, 2007
    Pukekohe
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I'm no expert here (as I'm probably about to prove!) but if I've understood your "problem" correctly it's easy to solve:

TVServer Config -> Recording Settings -> Database Import -> Remove no longer existing files. Click that and it will give you an option to delete the files which are no longer on your HDD (you get a dialogue box for each programme it finds isn't there so don't worry about it deleting something incorrectly automatically) :D

Gixxer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 18, 2007
    Spain
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    I'm no expert here (as I'm probably about to prove!) but if I've understood your "problem" correctly it's easy to solve:

TVServer Config -> Recording Settings -> Database Import -> Remove no longer existing files. Click that and it will give you an option to delete the files which are no longer on your HDD (you get a dialogue box for each programme it finds isn't there so don't worry about it deleting something incorrectly automatically) :D

i think the main point is having mp do it automatically, and not having to stop mp, go to configuration.exe and do what you said.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    The original issue in this thread it's fixed in svn & will be out for those not compiling themself soon ;)
    Thanks, MisterD for solving it

Regards
    Roy

dir

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 30, 2006
    Home Country
    Afghanistan Afghanistan
    Sorry for the n00b question, but how do you normally delete tv recordings? I don't have a "delete' button anywhere on screen (Aeon wide) and my remote doesn't have any such button. Nothing pops up on the Recordings menu that I can see, either.

Am I missing something obvious?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom