Can't detect channels in MP:( However device's software can (1 Viewer)

Lucky Bastard

Portal Member
January 19, 2006
Hi, today I purchased a TwinhanDTV MagicBox USB II and installed the drivers (bda etc) and software thate came with it and set it up, and it detected the channels fine.

I have now installed RC2 of MP and all the required stuff (netframework, latest CVS eg). I go in to config, cards, and it seems to detect the card when I add it, I then go to scan the channels and select "Australia - all regions" - I'm in Melbourne, and when it finishes the scan (some time later) - it ends with finding ZERO tv and radio channels. The twinhan software was able to detect 25 or so.

What would I be doing wrong? I'm sure it is me! ;)

Thanks, hope somebody can guide me throug this.

EDIT: Seems to be working this time around.. 10th time lukcy. new tv:19 radio 4...and still more to come I hope.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Country flag
    Re: Can't detect channels in MP:( However device's software

Lucky Bastard said:
    What would I be doing wrong?
    You may be hitting this problem. I have posted a workaround in my December 30 post - give that a try and let me know how you go.... :)

Lucky Bastard

Portal Member
    January 19, 2006
    Thanks for the reply.

It would seem the channels I did pick up were the wrong frequencies as per the thread you mention.

I added the workaround you posted to my dvbt.xml file, removed the channels I picked up earlier and did another autotune (using "Australia - Melbourne") from the selection box (cf before using Australia - All regions) and this time picked up zero channels. I'm sure I have done something wrong. Now to try and work it out :)

I'm a total newbie when it comes to TV tuner cards, digital TV and obviously MP. Not even 1 day old yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this year, in march 2020) the Telenet provider will stop broadcasting Analog TV and Radio signals on their cable, and make the switch to Digital (DVB-C). The radio signals will disappear completely, so you'll...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    OK, this is specifically for people in Belgium (Vlaanderen) who are using Telenet Cable with MediaPortal 2. Next year (Edit: this...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, Sorry long delay... Thanks for the steer. Bought a new indoor antenna, and yes, picked up all the channels. Old outdoor one only lasted 4 years or so. all set now, cheers:)
    Hi, Sorry long delay... Thanks for the steer. Bought a new indoor antenna, and yes, picked up all the channels. Old outdoor one...
    Hi, I've got a fresh instal of W10 and fresh instal of MP2. All updates done. My issue is i can't seem to find any channels when...
    Replies
    Views
    The problem is the combination of Digital Devices Card, Alphacryt Cam and TVE3 of Mediaportal. Unfortunately I dont have a solution, only two "Workarounds". First is to try native TVE35 with MP2, i did not have any continuity errors or hickups with that constellation. Second would be to change the cam, I tried RTL HD with a Deltacam...
    The problem is the combination of Digital Devices Card, Alphacryt Cam and TVE3 of Mediaportal. Unfortunately I dont have a...
    Hi MediaPortal Support Team, I've a problem that really drives me crazy because I've no explanation for this phenomenon. Since a...
    Replies
    Views
    I'm a returnee to MP after several years and want to use my CEC remote box. I have the mpe1 files but have no idea where to copy them to. Can anyone point me in the right direction as my memory of the config is hazy and probably out of date anyway.
    I'm a returnee to MP after several years and want to use my CEC remote box. I have the mpe1 files but have no idea where to copy...
    I just installed MP2 yesterday. Getting the digital tuner going went pretty straight forward. Right now I mainly have 2 issues as...
    Replies
    Views
    the patch was made some time agot to be able to scan HEVC encoded channels https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/threads/unable-to-scan-for-astra-4k-channel.126307/ but as mm1352000 said, TsReader wasn't modified yet
    the patch was made some time agot to be able to scan HEVC encoded channels...
    Hi, I did a full scan with a refreshed transponder list on Astra 19.2°E. I was missing something, I was looking for the "UHD1 by...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom