Can't detect channels in MP:( However device's software can (1 Viewer)

Lucky Bastard

Portal Member
January 19, 2006
Hi, today I purchased a TwinhanDTV MagicBox USB II and installed the drivers (bda etc) and software thate came with it and set it up, and it detected the channels fine.

I have now installed RC2 of MP and all the required stuff (netframework, latest CVS eg). I go in to config, cards, and it seems to detect the card when I add it, I then go to scan the channels and select "Australia - all regions" - I'm in Melbourne, and when it finishes the scan (some time later) - it ends with finding ZERO tv and radio channels. The twinhan software was able to detect 25 or so.

What would I be doing wrong? I'm sure it is me! ;)

Thanks, hope somebody can guide me throug this.

EDIT: Seems to be working this time around.. 10th time lukcy. new tv:19 radio 4...and still more to come I hope.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Re: Can't detect channels in MP:( However device's software

Lucky Bastard said:
    What would I be doing wrong?
    You may be hitting this problem. I have posted a workaround in my December 30 post - give that a try and let me know how you go.... :)

Lucky Bastard

Portal Member
    January 19, 2006
    Thanks for the reply.

It would seem the channels I did pick up were the wrong frequencies as per the thread you mention.

I added the workaround you posted to my dvbt.xml file, removed the channels I picked up earlier and did another autotune (using "Australia - Melbourne") from the selection box (cf before using Australia - All regions) and this time picked up zero channels. I'm sure I have done something wrong. Now to try and work it out :)

I'm a total newbie when it comes to TV tuner cards, digital TV and obviously MP. Not even 1 day old yet :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom