Cant get autotune to work (1 Viewer)

Unsaferanger

December 22, 2005
UK
Hey,
First of all I would like to say how awesome the media portal software is but I’m having some trouble getting the auto tune function to work and am using the following card.

Area: Media Portal
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2005-12-16)
MediaPortal Skin: mce
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: Mpeg2Dec Filter
CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 3.60GHz
Memory: 2048 MB
Motherboard: AI7 (Intel i865-ICH5)
TV Card Model: Mercury General S/W encoding card
TV Card Type: Software
TV Card Driver: Kobian Pte Ltd. 3.25.0.481

What’s happening is when I try and auto tune it will search really slowly and then will stop at channel 11.
I am living in the United Kingdom, North West (Not sure whether that will help).

Any help will be most appreciated

Thanks, Unsaferanger

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Hi unsaferanger

Recommend you use 1.3 version. two is dedicated to dvb-t cards freeview uk (hardware encoding) you will have more chance of having your tv card supported

Rayuk 8)

5teve

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 26, 2005
    Perth, Australia
    rc2 isnt dedicated to DVB-t specifically (it supports dvb-t -s -c and analogue hardware cards) but the support for software cards such as the mercury was removed due to the huge amount of support time it was taking up.

if you want an analogue card then go for a hauppauge PVR card (pvr 150 etc) or buy a decent dvb-t card just make sure you have a decent reception!

Thanks

Steve

joini

August 26, 2005
    hi unsaferanger,

i have a similar autotune problem in rc2. my unconventional workaround: mousemovements during the scan - it speeds up the scan dramatically in my case.

Russ

Portal Member
    December 29, 2005
    I had this very same problem with my Twinhan Ter D + A card. It works perfectly in all other software I have tried but it has been a nightmare to try and set up in MP!! The Digital tuner just won’t work at all. When I select it I get the same error message that other people have reported on this forum, “Unable to create a graph for this device!!†For now I have given up on the digital tuner. As for the analogue tuner I had the same as you, it would get to channel 11 and then the progress bar shot to the end and no stations were detected. I fixed this tonight by, believe it or not, selecting cable as the input even though I am using an antenna!! Don’t ask me why but when I done this it picked up all stations. My only problem now is being able to watch them with audio!! No matter what I select I can not get any audio. My audio drivers are up to date. Anyone got any ideas as to what is causing this?

mattoid

Portal Member
    December 30, 2005
    UK
    Russ
    I just tried the same thing after getting this in 3 different versions of mp, and it works! :shock: :? :D
    it was doing my brain a disfavour :lol:

mattoid

davegthomas

Portal Member
    January 11, 2005
    Having had problems with versions of MP in November I waited until the other day and installed the latest version.
    All I want is TV none of the other bells and whistles I have a Hauppauge PVR350 however it scans the TV stations and finds nothing Nada so its back to good old version 0.1.0.9 which works.

I am in the UK running XP SP2 Have all the latest updates but not a digital TV card.

By the way the UK TV information was submitted way back last year but you wouldn't know it as MP has nothing for the United Kingdom.

Perhaps one day someone will fix whatever someone else broke and we will all be able to use the same verion.

mosquiss

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2005
    Unsaferanger said:
    .....What’s happening is when I try and auto tune it will search really slowly and then will stop at channel 11.
    I am living in the United Kingdom, North West (Not sure whether that will help).

Any help will be most appreciated

Thanks, Unsaferanger

I had the same problem in Spain. I think I have solved the bug although it is not a perfect solution. I have posted the patch here (http://nolanparty.com/mediaportal.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=12263) but I am still waiting for a dev to take a look at it and add it to CVS.

I hope that this patch can solve your problem to.

Regards,

Mosquiss

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom