Can't get iMON VFD to work with MP 0.1.3.0 - plugin problem? (1 Viewer)

andigra

August 11, 2005
My iMON VFD worked just fine with version 0.1.2.0, but now my display is just blank.

I have enabled the external display plugin in MP setup and chosen the correct VFD from the list. I have also checked that the correct info is present in the other setup textboxes.

I have also set my VFD to plug-in mode in the VFD setup program.

I did exactly the same setup for version 0.1.2.0 and that worked just fine. The only difference I vaguely remember is that when I chose plug-in mode in the VFD setup program, I believe it displayed 'Media Portal'. Now it only displays 'Plug-in'.

My display works fine when it's not in plug-in mode (displays wether info or EQ etc.)

Have anyone else experienced this problem?

tomtom21000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 22, 2004
    Germany
    I have a new imon vfd and it works here with mp 0.1.3.0 (no cvs version add-ons).
    Everything you describe for the setup seems o.k. to me.
    may be tick the debug mode in mp for the external display to see if mp sends information.
    i had a lot of trouble to get the vfd going (not mp related).
    in searching the net it occured to me that there might be two versions of the imon vfd: one with an usb connector (like mine) and one with a parallel connector.

tomtom

O

Oldskool

I had a problem with my iMon working with the iMon software but not with MP. I fixed it by running iMonVFD (double click the icon in the system tray, or use the iMon App Launcher) and selecting plugin mode.

Hope this helps.

OldSkool.

andigra

August 11, 2005
    Problem solved!

I uninstalled MediaPortal and the iMON software, and then I reinstalled MediaPortal again (I will reinstall iMON later). MP now works perfectly with my VFD display - it seems like it only needs the display driver!

I think the problem might have arised from updating from MP 0.1.2 (I followed the instructions on the MP Home page).

MediaPortal rules!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom