Can't get MP to change channel (1 Viewer)

PatM

Portal Member
May 14, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've just installed MP 1.6 today (from release, not cvn) and also installed IRSS from, the tools section. I got the TV3 blaster configured for my STB and all the "test" channel changes work fine.

I didn't bother yet to get my remote set up for everything, I just used the Tv guide/Mouse to select a channel to see if the channels would blast. Spent all afternoon at it with no luck.

I figure I'm probably missing something simple but just don't have the experience with MP to see what it is.

I zipped up the tvserver logs dir and attached.

Thanks for any assistance!

Attachments

• TVService-Error.zip
    177.8 KB

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Helllo Pat

I think you may find it is working now. Earlier in your log files I can see errors like this:
    [2014-02-11 16:24:05,580] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not find file 'C:\ProgramData\IR Server Suite\TV3 Blaster Plugin\ExternalChannelConfig1.xml'.

So I think you may not have configured IRSS. Those errors appear to have gone away in the last series of TV service restarts, but I don't see any attempts to change channel since then. So I *think* you'll find it is working now... but I can't be sure.

mm

PatM

Portal Member
    May 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I learned quickly to reboot after installing IRSS and I uninstalled/installed it twice I think. THe above was probably when I tried without rebooting after an install?The last time I ran it I used the TV guide to try and change channels to no avail. I'm out of time today but I'll try again tomorrow and see what happens.

PatM

Portal Member
    May 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I fired it all up this morning, unchecked my remote recieve in IRSS config and turned on MCE in MP and it worked - flipping through channels effortlessly. When I get home from work I'll look into getting my remote itself working (was using TV guide and mouse this morning).

I'm actually impressed that IRSS detected my RF remote and has a driver (phillips USB IR). the MP MCE mouse doesn't recognize most of the buttons though the arrows seem to work. I'll have to look and see if I can set up the IRSS remote handler and have it handle the buttons for MP.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom