Can't get program guide to update (1 Viewer)

kpatch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I can't get my program guide data to update. I have tried the normal procedure of "forcing update when TV Service restarted". I have also rebooted the computer. Nothing seems to be working. Is there any way to absolutely force an update?

Thanks

Patrick

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello again Patrick

I hope you're well. :)

Your log files (thanks for those (y) ) are telling me that you're using the SchedulesDirect plugin to get your guide data.
    The latest log file shows the SD plugin attempting to update the guide data:
    [2015-10-23 15:52:18,704] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Starting EPG refresh job on thread #5
    [2015-10-23 15:52:18,704] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - UTC time is 23/10/2015 7:52:18 PM, local time is 23/10/2015 3:52:18 PM (DST is True)

However, it runs into a database access problem when trying to clear out all the old data:
    [collapse]
    [2015-10-23 15:53:16,080] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Error: StatementErrorUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: delete from Program where endTime < '2015-10-22 15:52:18'; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    at Gentle.Framework.SqlStatement.Execute(IDbConnection conn, IDbTransaction tr)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Gentle.Framework.PersistenceBroker.Execute(SqlStatement stmt, IDbConnection dbConnection, IDbTransaction dbTransaction)
    at TvDatabase.TvBusinessLayer.RemoveOldPrograms()
    at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.PrepareForEpgImport()
    at SchedulesDirect.Plugin.SchedulesDirectPluginTVE3.RefreshEPG(Object state)MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException (0x80004005): Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
    at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteNonQuery()
    [2015-10-23 15:53:16,611] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Scheduling next poll for 24/10/2015 1:12:24 PM
    [2015-10-23 15:53:16,704] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Unable to process any channels, have you done an autotune in setup?[/collapse]

In other words, your attempts to force an update are being blocked by this error.

Please can you try the following and see if it helps:
    1. Open TV Server configuration.
    2. Navigate to the "manual control" section.
    3. Click "refresh DVB EPG".
    Note: I know you're not using DVB tuners or EPG, however this should have the effect of deleting all existing guide data... and that in turn should hopefully clear the way for the SD plugin to update successfully.

If this doesn't help, please can you post fresh log files so I can see what happened.

Regards,
    mm
    :)

kpatch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi mm:

It didn't seem to have any effect. New log files are attached.
    Thanks
    P

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hmmm, same error again with the SD plugin, and TV Server Configuration was not able to clear out the programs either. That's very odd! It's as if there is something wrong with the program table.

Could you please try the following instructions and see if it helps:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...Troubleshooting/TV/Repairing_database_(MySQL)

Presumably this problem only started recently. Do you recall changing anything at around the same time?

kpatch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi mm:

I ran the database repair as you suggested. I got the following output:
    mptvdb.canceledschedule OK
    mptvdb.card OK
    mptvdb.cardgroup OK
    mptvdb.cardgroupmap OK
    mptvdb.channel OK
    mptvdb.channelgroup OK
    mptvdb.channellinkagemap OK
    mptvdb.channelmap OK
    mptvdb.conflict OK
    mptvdb.diseqcmotor OK
    mptvdb.favorite OK
    mptvdb.groupmap OK
    mptvdb.history OK
    mptvdb.keyword OK
    mptvdb.keywordmap OK
    mptvdb.pendingdeletion OK
    mptvdb.personaltvguidemap OK
    mptvdb.program OK
    mptvdb.radiochannelgroup OK
    mptvdb.radiogroupmap OK
    mptvdb.recording OK
    mptvdb.satellite OK
    mptvdb.schedule OK
    mptvdb.server OK
    mptvdb.setting OK
    mptvdb.softwareencoder OK
    mptvdb.timespan OK
    mptvdb.tuningdetail OK
    mptvdb.tvmoviemapping OK
    mptvdb.version OK

Also, after selecting DVB EPG Reset, I got an MP system message that the EPG Grabber would restart. I don't recall if I got that message the previous I performed that action. Further, I don't believe I made any system changes. The system is used exclusively as an HTPC, so I tend not to mess around with its settings.

And, yes error appeared recently. However, I only noticed on Thursday that the EPG wasn't updating, so it could have been happening any time over the previous 13 days.

Thanks again. I'll report back after the system has had time to begin updating.

P

Last edited:

kpatch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Well, EPG population seems to have started, however it's quite slow. After more than an hour, only the first 24 hours or so available. The guide is empty 48 hours from now.

P

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Patrick, I honestly have no idea what the problem is or what has caused it. The only suspicious thing I can see in your Windows system event log are repeated entries like this:
    "10/10/2015 5:31:13 PM";"EventLog";"(0)";"Error";"The previous system shutdown at 11:06:29 AM on ‎10/‎10/‎2015 was unexpected.";"2147489656"
    "09/10/2015 5:11:29 PM";"EventLog";"(0)";"Error";"The previous system shutdown at 12:02:21 PM on ‎09/‎10/‎2015 was unexpected.";"2147489656"
    "28/09/2015 5:44:31 PM";"EventLog";"(0)";"Error";"The previous system shutdown at 2:53:16 PM on ‎28/‎09/‎2015 was unexpected.";"2147489656"
    etc.

The latest entry (from 10 Oct) seems to coincide with the first instance of the SD plugin update failure that I can see in tvserver_TVService.5.log:
    [2015-10-10 17:34:16,648] [Log ] [TVService] [INFO ] - TV Service: Plugin: SchedulesDirect EPG Client failed to start
    [2015-10-10 17:34:16,742] [Log ] [TVService] [ERROR] - Exception :Error: StatementErrorUnclassified
    Gentle.Common.GentleException: select idProgram, idChannel, startTime, endTime, title, description, genre, state, originalAirDate, seriesNum, episodeNum, episodePart, episodeName, starRating, classification, parentalRating from Program order by endTime desc limit 1 offset 0; ---> MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

This MySQL error seems to be reflected in the Windows application event log:
    "10/10/2015 5:34:16 PM";"MySQL";"(0)";"Error";"D:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin\mysqld.exe: Sort aborted: Query execution was interrupted For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://www.mysql.com. ";"3221225572"

If I look back to what TV Server was doing prior to the "unexpected system shutdown", it seems that the SD plugin may have been smack bang in the middle of an EPG update:
    [2015-10-10 10:51:09,637] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Sucessfully processed 1038 of 756 channels
    [2015-10-10 10:51:09,638] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - Starting processing of 51647 schedule entries
    [2015-10-10 10:53:29,799] [Log ] [SchedulesDirect EPG Client] [INFO ] - SD-TvDb: Could not find series match: American Hustle renamed American Hustle

So my best guess is that the unexpected shutdown did/has/had caused some corruption to the MySQL database, and MySQL's inability to resolve/workaround/handle the corruption is the reason for the EPG update failures.

I'm not able to tell you what caused the unexpected shutdown, but if I were you I would investigate that as a high priority. It seems to be happening very frequently. Every time it happens is a chance for file loss/corruption...

kpatch

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 11, 2014
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Hi mm:

I had a message on my main system from Windows Action Center that there had been a number of unexpected errors due to my video card...I use Radeon on everything. I downloaded new drivers, so we'll see what happens. I've done the same thing for my MP/HTPC, so hopefull that will address the unexpected restarts.

Again...thanks so much for your assistance.:)(y)

Patrick

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom