Can't get TV (1 Viewer)

Rusty1510

Portal Member
December 12, 2005
Australia
Hi!

I have just installed MP 0.2.0 rc1 and have not been able to get it to scan my tv channels. When I click 'Autotune' it says that the card does not support autotuning. When I go to the TV section all I get is a black screen. In the set up section for television, the Fusion Transport Stream card is showing and I have it set to Australia and to Antenna.

I have a DVICO Fusion HDTV DVB-T card (for Australia)
My system is a Win. XP SP2, Pent. 4 2.53GHz, 756MB DDR ram, GeForce MX440 graphics.

I had MP installed once before and it worked fine, but had reset my computer some months ago.

Any help will be appreciated. :lol:

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I have the same DVB-T card and it works fine for me.

Try installing the latest CVS (from here) and the latest Dvico software (the whole installation, not just the BDA drivers) and see if that helps.

If you still have no success, please post again using the support template so we have more information on your system.

Also, I don't think that your video card is going to be adequate - it is best if you can use VMR9, which I don't think is supported by your card?

Rusty1510

Portal Member
    December 12, 2005
    Australia
    Area: Media Portal Program
    MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC1 (2005-12-11)
    MediaPortal Skin: MetalMedia
    Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
    .NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
    DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
    Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
    Video Codec: Zulu HDTV DxVA Decoder(BDA)
    CPU Type: Intel Pentium 4 - 2.53GHz
    Memory: 766 MB
    Motherboard: D845GERG2 (Intel Corporation)
    TV Card Model: Dvico FusionHDTV DVB-T
    TV Card Type: DVB
    TV Card Driver: 3.2.
    Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce4 MX 440 (64 MB)
    Video Card Driver: 81.95
    Video Card Resolution: 1280x1024
    Video Render Type: Overlay
    Audio Card Model: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio
    Audio Card Driver: -
    Synopsis::

Mp will not show the TV and I cannot scan for channels. I hope all this information is helpful. As to the graphics card, I was using MP before my computer crashed some months ago and it worked fine with my graphics card then.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Rusty1510 said:
    As to the graphics card, I was using MP before my computer crashed some months ago and it worked fine with my graphics card then.
    Yes, but you have selected "Overlay" as the video renderer - VMR9 is the better option, particularly for smooth display of OSDs. And to use VMR9, I think that you need a card that fully supports DirectX 9.

Hmmm, and the Dvico DVB card works fine with the Fusion Application?

And this same DVB card worked with MediaPortal before (some months ago)?

Rusty1510

Portal Member
    December 12, 2005
    Australia
    Ok, I have selected VMR9, but still the TV will not turn on, I set it to turn TV on at startup. Yes, the Dvico card works perfectly and has done so since I bought it, and yes, also MP worked OK before.

Perhaps it is this new version of MP, I will uninstall it and try the 1.3.0 version as that is what was in before. I just thought the new test version was worth a try.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Rusty1510 said:
    Ok, I have selected VMR9, but still the TV will not turn on, I set it to turn TV on at startup. .
    Sorry - VMR9 will not fix your TV problem - that was just another observation of mine.

Until you can run Autotune successfully, then you won't get any TV displayed. So we have to figure out why you get the "This card does not support autotuning" error message.....

Are you sure that the Dvico BDA drivers for this card are correctly installed?

Rusty1510 said:
    Yes, the Dvico card works perfectly and has done so since I bought it, and yes, also MP worked OK before..
    Well, I am stumped then... :(

It works fine for me and I cannot think of any other reason why it would not work for you.

Rusty1510 said:
    Perhaps it is this new version of MP,.
    I doubt it, but I guess you never know.

Maybe someone else has a suggestion?

Rusty1510

Portal Member
    December 12, 2005
    Australia
    I tried 0.1.3 but it too would not tune the TV.

It must be something in the setup that I am not doing properly. I will just have to keep trying! Everything else in MP work well.

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    I suspect that the BDA drivers for your Divico card are not properly or completely installed. Check in Device properties that you don't have any of those annoying yellow question marks.... :(

EDIT:- I just installed v3.2 of the Fusion software and noticed that I had to then manually install the BDA drivers..... :?

Rusty1510

Portal Member
    December 12, 2005
    Australia
    HO HUM

I checked the device properties as you suggested and everything is OK. (I assume you meant in Device Manager?) There must be something I am missing in the setup! I remember having a problem when I first installed MP 0.1.1 but that was just because I chose the Fusion WDM instead of Transport Stream but this time it only offers the Transport Stream anyway. In the 'Properties of your TV card' box the Framesize and Frame rate are greyed out, but it shouldn't be like that should it? I would have thought it should have been at least 720x576 and 25fps.

I downloaded a trial of DNTV Live! and Fusion HDTV works well on that.

Perhaps I will just have to stick to the DVICO app itself. I can still use MP for all the other things, Music, Video, etc.

Thanks for your help Taipan, I will keep an eye on this post just in case you or anyone else can think of something.

Rusty1510

Portal Member
    December 12, 2005
    Australia
    (some) good news

Well, I have partial sucess! I installed the latest Fusion 3.3Beta software last night and now MP has been able to tune the channls :lol:

Now for another problem.

I have been through all the video codecs and I can't get the A/V sync right. The audio is a few seconds ahead of the video. It works perfectly in the DVICO app.

Any suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom