[solved] Can't get two virtual IPTV cards to work side by side... (2 Viewers)

ratata

Portal Member
December 30, 2011
Lund
Home Country
Sweden Sweden
I currently have a setup with no physical TV cards present, just two virtual IPTV cards. Both cards are working. However, the problem is that I can't record one channel and at the same time watch another channel. If I try that, either the recording will stop or the other way around, the channel I'm watching will freeze when the recording starts. As far as I can see, everything is mapped correctly, pretty much the same way as when I used all kinds of different physical TV cards along with MP over the years with no problems. Can someone tell me in what direction I shall look when trying to figure out what's wrong?

ratata

joEhSuper

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 2, 2011
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    strange... I have 5 IPTV-Cards and everything works fine... so I can e.g. watch 1 Channel and at the same time 4 recordings.
    Can you just confirm:
    • You are watching chanels from some IPTV-Provider
    • You have scanned chanels with .m3u Playlist from MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbip
    • Your Provider allows to watch mor than 1 channel at once
    • Try to watch one channel with MP an parallel another chanel with e.g. vlc - does this work?

ratata

Portal Member
    December 30, 2011
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You are watching chanels from some IPTV-Provider
    - I assume you mean the same IPTV-provider and if so, the answer is yes.

You have scanned chanels with .m3u Playlist from MediaPortal TV Server\TuningParameters\dvbip
    - Yes.

Your Provider allows to watch mor than 1 channel at once
    - So I'm told (by them). But now when you're mentioning it, I realize I have forgotten my old friend Fox Mulder's best advice for me 'Trust no one'. I will check this out.

Try to watch one channel with MP an parallel another chanel with e.g. vlc - does this work?
    - The outcome of this will pretty much be an answer to the question above.

I'll get back. In the meantime, thanks for your input.

ratata

ratata

Portal Member
    December 30, 2011
    Lund
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    You know that friend of mine, Fox Mulder, he really had something there. I have learned today that 'Trust no one' should not include just people but also control panels. They lie too. Really. A bug in my IPTV provider's web system didn't allow more than one stream even if the control panel said otherwise. Unfortunately, it can't be fixed until Monday. But now I know, thanks to you. Case closed.

Anyway, I was thinking that the support subforum is in the need of an IPTV thread since not much is covered in the documentation about IPTV and what potholes there are and how to avoid them. A few answers can be found in other threads and posts but it's not easy to find them and they don't necessarily answer the questions one might have. Perhaps a moderator can consider a sticky thread like that with the first post dedicated to an IPTV walkthrough by someone who's familiar with the topic?

ratata

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom