Can't import season #'s 2009 2010 (1 Viewer)

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is there a way to get a season number like 2009 to import. I can find these episodes on the tvdb and have named them as follows
    with no luck.
    Arctic Circle S2009E15 On Thin Ice
    Documentaries S2009E16 Arctic Circle-Battle for the Pole

Can I just enter the tvdb #'s manually some how?

Steve

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    Is there a way to get a season number like 2009 to import. I can find these episodes on the tvdb and have named them as follows
    with no luck.

Steve

You have to match up the format that TheTVdB uses.

Arctic Circle = Arctic Circle: Complete Episode List

As you can see:

"Arctic Circle S2009E15 On Thin Ice" ==>> "Arctic Circle S01E01 - On Thin Ice"
    "Documentaries S2009E16 Arctic Circle-Battle for the Pole" ==>> "Arctic Circle S01E02 - Battle for the Pole"

So you either need to use the string replacement methods in MP-TVSeries to compensate and do the renaming for you (unfortunatly you can't just make a single rule to turn 'S2009' into 'S01', because your Episode numbers don't match. A rename like the ones I used above will be easier and solve your problem.

stdly

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 19, 2008
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    with no luck.

Steve

You have to match up the format that TheTVdB uses.

Arctic Circle = Arctic Circle: Complete Episode List

As you can see:

"Arctic Circle S2009E15 On Thin Ice" ==>> "Arctic Circle S01E01 - On Thin Ice"
    "Documentaries S2009E16 Arctic Circle-Battle for the Pole" ==>> "Arctic Circle S01E02 - Battle for the Pole"

So you either need to use the string replacement methods in MP-TVSeries to compensate and do the renaming for you (unfortunatly you can't just make a single rule to turn 'S2009' into 'S01', because your Episode numbers don't match. A rename like the ones I used above will be easier and solve your problem.

RoChess,
    Thanks allot! :D
    I was looking here Discovery Channel Documentaries: Arctic Circle: On Thin Ice
    and here Discovery Channel Documentaries: Arctic Circle: Battle for the Pole
    and as we can see the season #'s are listed as 2009.

Here is another I have trouble with http://thetvdb.com/?tab=episode&seriesid=80996&seasonid=201601&id=2231561&lid=7

Steve

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    RoChess,
    Thanks allot! :D
    I was looking here Discovery Channel Documentaries: Arctic Circle: On Thin Ice
    and here Discovery Channel Documentaries: Arctic Circle: Battle for the Pole
    and as we can see the season #'s are listed as 2009.

Here is another I have trouble with History Channel Documentaries: The Real Robin Hood

Steve

Ok, those would work as well, as in:

"Discovery Channel Documentaries S2009E15 - Arctic Circle; On Thin Ice"
    "Discovery Channel Documentaries S2009E16 - Arctic Circle; Battle for the Pole"

But then you have to put the following parsing expression at the 1st position:

^.*?\\?(?<series>[^\\$]+?)[ .-]+[\#s]?(?<season>\d+)[ .-]?[ex.](?<episode>\d+)[+-]?(?<episode2>\d+)?[ .-]*(?<title>(?![^\\]*?sample[ .-])[^$]*?)\.(?<ext>[^.]*)$

Which will accept S2009 as a correct season.

Ragman

Portal Member
    June 29, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    A short tidbit about this.
    If documentaries are only a single episode then according to the rules at tvdb they should be added under those generic National Geographic* or Discovery* etc series, however if they are 2 or more episodes they should be added as their own series, for example like "Shark Men".
    However, people still tend to add them under the generic series even if they already have or should have their own entry instead so remember this for future reference and try to search for both to make it look like you want in your HTPC software :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom