Can't install TvServer because of wrong config?! (1 Viewer)

EdRoxid

May 6, 2012
Home Country
Germany Germany
Hello Guys,

I made another try installing tvServer for Media Portal.
But i am Failing during Installation. After starting it, the System wants to set up a database Connection.
I don't know what to insert here.
If I skip, the TV Server Installation is skipped in total.

Thanks in advance for your support

upload_2015-9-8_20-50-38.png

Edalex

Community Plugin Dev
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 3, 2008
    Saratov
    Home Country
    Russian Federation Russian Federation
    So "MediaPortal" (M and P in upper case) is not working?
    Do you have mysql installed already?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    The installer window in the background says MySQL is already installed, so the installer did not need to install it.

Have you installed MySQL previously for some other purpose (eg. WAMP)? If so, you will need to add an account for MediaPortal to use (or reuse an existing account with appropriate privileges).
    Is MySQL running? (You can check this with Windows task manager. Search for mysqld.exe. Make sure to show/view processes for all users.)

EdRoxid

May 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Media Portal is working, only the TV Server is not working.

@mm1352000 : You are right, MySQL is already installed. I think 5.6 (which is installed together with MP)
    I will check if MySQL is running later.

If I can provide any other details please let me know. Thanks so far.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    You are right, MySQL is already installed. I think 5.6 (which is installed together with MP)
    To be clear: MediaPortal itself does not use MySQL at all. MySQL is used by TV Server (and the MediaPortal TV plugin).
    The MediaPortal installer only installs MySQL if you say you want to use MediaPortal for watching TV (which implies that the installer will be installing TV Server).

In short, the fact that MySQL was already installed before running the MediaPortal installer says one of two things is true:
    1. MySQL was installed by the MediaPortal installer during a previous installation attempt. If this is the case, you should uninstall MediaPortal, TV Server and MySQL completely, and make sure to delete all leftover folders and files.
    2. MySQL was installed by some other application or for some other purpose. If this is the case, you have to add an account as previously mentioned.

EdRoxid

May 6, 2012
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Is MySQL running? (You can check this with Windows task manager. Search for mysqld.exe. Make sure to show/view processes for all users.)

I checked if MySQL is running. I found nothing under processes. Under Services I found MySQL but it says it's terminated.
    Could that be the problem?

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Could that be the problem?
    Yes, it is the problem. MySQL needs to be running in order for TV Server to use it.
    To solve this problem, you must decide whether you want to try to get MySQL working... or reinstall after completely uninstalling MediaPortal, TV Server and MySQL.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom