Can't install TVService / Connect to MySql (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I've tried reinstalling, completely uninstalling, rebooting and installing the deploy packages separately and I've got MP 1.6pre installed now but TVService gets to the MySQL connection screen and then fails whatever I set for the machine name/IP address.

I've got MySQL 5.1 and 5.6 installed although Windows Programs and Features only shows 5.6, so should I uninstall that and try reinstalling?

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
It says something like "cannot connect". I checked the MySQL service and that's not running and if I try and start it manually it says "Error 1067: The service terminated unexpectedly".

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Well, blame MySQL then. :p
    If you can, I'd uninstall MySQL and MP and start over.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Yeah thanks, that worked. I uninstalled MySQL completely and installed MP1.6 Final and it's OK now :)

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Well it didn't last very long!

When booting, I get the following in the System log:

Code:
    The TVService service depends on the MySQL service which failed to start because of the following error:
    The operation completed successfully.

and

Code:
    The MySQL service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

Even if I disable the TVservice and try and start MySQL manually, it fails with "Error 1067: The process terminated unexpectedly".

I realise this is a MySQL problem rather than MediaPortal but has anyone got any ideas why this is happening?

wonkyd

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 29, 2007
    Home Country
    I suspect that a file that MySQL depends on is possibly corrupt (or the wrong version).

Uninstall MySQL, remove any folders it may have in program files, appdata, programdata and anything it is storing in the registry and try reinstalling it.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    OK. Last time I uninstalled it and removed all the program files but didn't check the other folders you mention. I wouldn't know where it stores stuff in the registry though. Is there a MySQL cleaner utility that will do all this for me?

regeszter

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 29, 2005
    Home Country
    Hungary Hungary
    Delete all contents from c:\ProgramData\MySQL\ after you uninstall the MySql.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom