Can't Kill MP 1.2.3 (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.2

Description
I closed MP, which isn't set to close to the systray and normally closes completely. Then I started MP Config and it said "MP needs to close" so I OK'd that. When I finished changing settings and closed MP Config, it said "MP needs to be restarted".
Checking TaskManager, Mediaportal.exe is still running and I can't even kill it. I just checked again actually, after gathering the logs, and it's gone now, so maybe the log collecter forced it to close.
I don't know if it's related, but this was after installing MPaudiorender and it's dshowhelper, TSReader_NSM_54 and Sebastii's CC Patch for 1.2.3, setting MPAudioRenderer in the codecs section in MP Config and running GraphStudio to create the MPaudiorenderer registry entries.

Steps to Reproduce:
Close MP.
Check TaskManager and see Mediaportal.exe still running.

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
I just tried again and same thing. Opening MP Config I see it's reset the Audio Renderer to Default Device. I'll try restoring the 1.2.3 txreader.ax and dshowhelper.dll and see if that fixes it. Once I can kill mediaportal.exe as running the log collector again didn't do it.

What's also strange is now it's not saying mediaportal needs to close when I open MP config, but when I close it is says MP needs to be restarted and then loads MP (another copy I guess as the other one's still running). Taskkill /F /IM mediaportal.exe says it's killed it, but it doesn't!

OK, it disappeared by itself eventually, so I tried again with only Sebastii's CC patch and it's still showing in TaskManager after closing, so I'll try removing that patch and try again.

No, even after removing that it's still doing the same thing. Attached new logs which should show no mods are being used.

Last edited:

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
Did another run in Debug Mode and it's doing the same, so it seems to be a core issue rather than any mod or plugin.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    The last thing in your log is

Code:
    2012-04-16 19:59:13.810873 [Debug][(2)]: FastImage: Cleaning up GDI+ before shutting down
    2012-04-16 19:59:13.814874 [Info.][(2)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database: VideoDatabaseV5.db3
    2012-04-16 19:59:13.815874 [Info.][(2)]: TvCropManager: Stopped
    2012-04-16 19:59:13.819874 [Info.][(2)]: SQLiteClient: Closing database: MusicDatabaseV12.db3

so I would suspect a corrupt video or music database.

Try moving these files so that MP cannot get at them, and see if it still does it.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Didn't help I'm afraid. I moved them to the desktop and ran in Debug Mode again and it's still doing the same.

Wierdly though, MP Config doesn't seem to recognise that's it's still running now and doesn't give the usual warning.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    Code:
    2012-04-17 22:15:16.973619 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Playlist: Saving default playlist default.m3u

Could there be issues saving the default playlist? Do you have lots of tracks in the playlist?

Basically you have to work backwards through the logs and see what it is doing that might be a problem.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    Code:
    2012-04-17 22:15:16.973619 [Info.][MPMain(1)]: Playlist: Saving default playlist default.m3u

Could there be issues saving the default playlist? Do you have lots of tracks in the playlist?

Basically you have to work backwards through the logs and see what it is doing that might be a problem.

It only had a few tracks in it and was 278 bytes, but I tried deleting it anyway and it didn't help.

I notice that the new log says it's saving the default playlist still, but it doesn't create a file, which seems a bit strange.

elliottmc

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 7, 2005
    Cardiff, UK
    Home Country
    I notice that the new log says it's saving the default playlist still, but it doesn't create a file, which seems a bit strange.

Then why not try turning off 'Save current playlist as default' in Configuration->Music->Playlist Settings ?

If this fixes it, then we know where to look, even if we don't know why.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    It seems to have stopped doing it now before I had a chance to change that setting, so I guess it's nothing to do with that.

All I've done since my last post is change the skin from PureVisionHDBlue to PureVisionHDHorizon and back again, and enable EPG grabbing when idle (had to rescan due to Freeview changes, so EPG was blank and I wanted to get it updated ASAP) so I guess one of those changes had something to do with it :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom