Can't locate the Mediaportal config tool (2 Viewers)

austin_1100

December 13, 2015
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Afternoon all,

New user here - trying something other than Windows Media Center (which I'm finding is becoming more and more buggy!!).

I've gone through all the server side set-up and am now trying to run the client side tool to start watching TV on my PC... only issue is I can't actually find the Mediaportal Configuration Tool anywhere on my PC...

Am I missing something really silly?

Regards,

Mike

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello and welcome,

Can you please tell which version you installed? If we talk about MP2 then the complete client setup is done from within the client GUI. Look for "settings" on the menu.

If you installed MP1 there should be an icon "Configuration" on your desktop.

Last edited:

austin_1100

December 13, 2015
    Home Country
    Well I gave up with MP2, and went for MP1... Works a treat.

Just struggling withe Tying the EPG aligned to the correct channels now. Have a few random ones going on...

Thanks for your help!

JimCatMP

Documentation Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 1, 2010
    Leeds
    Home Country
    Hi Mike

Were all happy to hear you've mode more progress with MP1, however PLEASE fill in your profile info - in the event you have further questions/issue, it helps up front:->

TTFN - JCMP.

rexdog

Portal Member
    January 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Afternoon all,

New user here - trying something other than Windows Media Center

Am I missing something really silly?

Regards,

Mike

I'm having the same issue. I installed MP2 yesterday on a clean W10 install after all win updates. I used the MP Config tool this morning, then shut down. Now this afternoon it is missing? I originally found it through Win search, but now i only get the tv server config showing. I want the more advanced client settings as the settings in MP2 are a bit basic for me.

new install?

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I want the more advanced client settings as the settings in MP2 are a bit basic for me.
    There is no "more advanced client settings" and definitely no MP Config tool except for the TV setup part. All client settings are configured from within MP2. What exactly are you missing?

rexdog

Portal Member
    January 1, 2010
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    There is no "more advanced client settings" and definitely no MP Config tool except for the TV setup part. All client settings are configured from within MP2. What exactly are you missing?

I must be going mad. I'm sure i opened up something that looked like the old config tool y'day am. The current wiki also mentions it, and there is a link to it. But maybe its only for MP1, although if so the first link is for an (under update) MP2 page.

Anyway thanks for reply. I wanted to set individual paths for audio, as i have a scrappy audio folder, and a clean one. I have a NAS connected, but there doesnt seem to be an option to specify paths for audio/tv etc.

I was also looking for the old function that would identify which movies/tv series couldn't be automatically added, and so you could go in and rename files.

cheers

jwclevenger

March 6, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    I have just installed Mediaportal 2, Spring 2016, and configured the server for TV viewing and recording. When I start the client I am supposed to be able to select settings to set up folders, etc, the problem is that there is no settings item. What do I do now? I'm running on windows 7 Profesional-64 bit with 2TB hard drive space and 8GB RAM and a Zeon 3000 processor. Have been running WMC but it seems to get more and more flakey with every Windows update so I want to try Mediaportal,, but can't get the client configured.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks,

Jim

HTPCSourcer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 16, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Jim,
    I have just installed Mediaportal 2, Spring 2016, and configured the server for TV viewing and recording.
    Spring 2016 is an old version. I recommend to install MediaPortal 2.1 Pre2 instead. This version also contains a WMC-like skin that that is under continuous development..

Please read the release news for further information.

Last edited:

jwclevenger

March 6, 2017
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    OK, I like the idea of a WMC like user interface, but I didn't start there because it said it's a pre-release version. Anyway, when I tried installing the 2.1 pre release 2.2 it fails with the error message "Setup Failed. 0x8007001 - Incorrect function." I can't find any information on this error in the forums or documentation as to how to proceed, and yes, I uninstalled the Spring 2016 version prior to running the setup (as per the instructions). Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom