Can't play DVD's

Discussion in 'watch/edit Videos' started by JMB, July 20, 2016.

1. JMB

JMB Portal Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Home Country:
    Denmark Denmark
    Show System Specs
    Hi

I just reinstalled my HTPC with win 7 and MP 1.15 and now I can't play DVD's.

When starting to play a DVD I get to see the DVD for between 5 seconds to 2 minutes then it stops and MP go back to the home screen.

I have tried with many different DVD's with the same result.
    If I exit MP and play the DVD's with Microsoft mediaplayer there are no problems at all, so I don't think it is at hardware problem

I have attached a logfile and hope that someone can help me

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. mm1352000
    • Team MediaPortal

mm1352000 Development Group

Ratings:
    +8,205 / 17
    Home Country:
    New Zealand New Zealand
    Hello

MP stops playing because audio devices are connected/disconnected:
    If you don't want this to happen, find out why your audio devices are connecting and reconnecting all the time.
    For example, maybe the ancient Realtek drivers (7/30/2013 14:16:46) you're currently using are not stable.
    ...or maybe you have a Bluetooth audio headset/device going in and out of range.

Alternatively you could disable (untick) MP's "stop playback on removal of an audio renderer" option:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/1_...guration/11_General/5_Startup_Resume_Settings

That would be a workaround.

Users Viewing Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 0)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice
  • About The Project

The vision of the MediaPortal project is to create a free open source media centre application, which supports all advanced media centre functions, and is accessible to all Windows users.

In reaching this goal we are working every day to make sure our software is one of the best.

• Support MediaPortal!

The team works very hard to make sure the community is running the best HTPC-software. We give away MediaPortal for free but hosting and software is not for us.

Care to support our work with a few bucks? We'd really appreciate it!