Can't play GameTrailers (1 Viewer)

blotz79

Portal Member
October 27, 2008
Hi there,

first of all i wanna thank you for this plugin...it's awesome!!! The installation was easy, it's really stable and looks great (especially on StreamedMP) but i don't get the GameTrailers to work.

I already tried this: Codec Setup to get all Online Videos to play but either i did something wrong (cause i only installed codec's by clicking a setup.exe so far) or i understand something wrong. :confused:

• uninstalled Haali, downloaded mpchc_x86_v1.2.908.0_MP4Splitter.zip and mpchc_x86_v1.2.908.0_MatroskaSplitter.zip and extracted them into C:\Programme\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal and C:\WINDOWS\system32 (don't know where to place those files...
  • installed the Codec.zip by extracting and executing the RegisterCodecs.bat including the codec-files.
  • downloaded and installed the ffdshow from the link and selected all audio formats, and in the video selection FLV1 and FLV4.
  • installed QuickTime and MediaLooks QuickTime Plugin (this helped me getting the yahoo things to work)

I attached the MediaPortal.log and a few screenshots for better traceability.

Could you pls help me....i would be very grateful

Attachments

• Screens_dvd.JPG
    Screens_dvd.JPG
    56.5 KB
  • Screens_MP.JPG
    Screens_MP.JPG
    10.4 KB
  • Screens_music.JPG
    Screens_music.JPG
    69.3 KB
  • Screens_ov.JPG
    Screens_ov.JPG
    27.6 KB
  • Screens_videos.JPG
    Screens_videos.JPG
    70.1 KB

ivanninaj

Portal Member
October 10, 2008
Home Country
Slovakia Slovakia
Same issue here. I guess this is WMV issue.

I tried to open random trailer in IE, new codecs were downloaded automaticaly but video was played blank in windows media player. And in media portal issue persist also.

I have WMP11, last version SAF codec pack installed.

offbyone

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • April 26, 2008
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Can you post your MediaPortal logs? GameTrailers is using wmv, so all the playback components should be installed already out of the box. Playing in WindowsMediaPlayer is not the same as in MEdiaPortal, it uses a different playback system.
    Do you all have XP? I have no problem on vista.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom